Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Any Kevin Rudd fans out there?

The Labor Party in Australia appears in turmoil....again....media is saying Gillard will go before the election starts...and Now Rudd is actually a chance of taking over the reins...again! It's hilarious if you support the other side but not for Labor fans.

I like Rudd's confidence and positivity but I'd prefer to see another leader. Surely he won't lead again.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

11-06-2013, 02:52 AM

Re: Any Kevin Rudd fans out there?

she has never been forgiven for ousting Rudd but she didn't do it alone there were others supporting her - and she may not have charisma but I personally think she has done a good job - after all when the rest of the world went into recession we stayed out of it - and some forget that!
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 04:07 AM

Probably because they hadn't been in long and had a damn good surplus to play with. Not a great fan of Kevin Rudd but the lesser of two evils in my opinion.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

11-06-2013, 05:44 AM

he speaks Mandarin - that's handy!
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
she has never been forgiven for ousting Rudd but she didn't do it alone there were others supporting her - and she may not have charisma but I personally think she has done a good job - after all when the rest of the world went into recession we stayed out of it - and some forget that!
considering she had to compromise with the independants , she never enjoyed a full majority

Originally Posted by mari41 ->
Probably because they hadn't been in long and had a damn good surplus to play with. Not a great fan of Kevin Rudd but the lesser of two evils in my opinion.
what about Julia Abbott?

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
he speaks Mandarin - that's handy!
Not sure it's as big a selling point as it used to be.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 01:18 PM

I have always liked Kevin especially his mangling of the English Language, "detailed programmatic specificity" was a particular triumph but at least he had some vision even if he was difficult to work with.

Unfortunately Julia (like Abbott) is an intellect free zone, her misogynist speech was the best thing she did. The problem for Labor is that there is no Paul Keating or even a Bob Hawke waiting in the wings, Kevin Rudd is about as good as it gets.

It is true having a hung parliament has not helped them but Labor's ineptitude has been painful to watch and, alas, the Liberals only have to wait and remain a safe, policy free zone to take power. I don't think even Lazarus with a triple bypass can save Labor now.

maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2013, 02:01 PM

I'd rather vote for Pauline Hanson then 'smarmy' Rudd anyday, he should've fronted up 5 months ago instead of all the bull.... that he wouldn't run.
Nick Xenophon will get No. 1 from me
Duckie
Australia

11-06-2013, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
I'd rather vote for Pauline Hanson then 'smarmy' Rudd anyday, he should've fronted up 5 months ago instead of all the bull.... that he wouldn't run.
Nick Xenophon will get No. 1 from me
That guy makes so much sense.
Gets my vote too.
Duckie
Australia

11-06-2013, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have always liked Kevin especially his mangling of the English Language, "detailed programmatic specificity" was a particular triumph but at least he had some vision even if he was difficult to work with.

Unfortunately Julia (like Abbott) is an intellect free zone, her misogynist speech was the best thing she did. The problem for Labor is that there is no Paul Keating or even a Bob Hawke waiting in the wings, Kevin Rudd is about as good as it gets.

It is true having a hung parliament has not helped them but Labor's ineptitude has been painful to watch and, alas, the Liberals only have to wait and remain a safe, policy free zone to take power. I don't think even Lazarus with a triple bypass can save Labor now.

A stairway to kevin,........brilliant! I was more in awe of the chaser's imitation of Robert Plant than the lyrics.
Duckie
Australia

11-06-2013, 11:24 PM

And what about this "women for Julia" idea? Kinda desperate dontya think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top