Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2013, 03:28 PM

Re: What would it take for you...........

Thats such good advice there Nick - voluntary work helps not only the people involved but the people that volunteer too .....
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 12:41 AM

I'm already in the helping profession...support worker/ mental health. I get jaded by seeing so many lives wasted due to drugs/family disfunction/mental illness/trouble with the law. I try to help as best I can.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 09:18 AM

Dare I suggest that you consider a less harrowing profession?
NOne of my business, of course but you seem to be too close to your clients & their troubles.
I say that without having read all the posts so far, I find the subject dificult to understand. Most failed suicides are a desperate cry for help. Those who mean business accomplish it first time & their action can be entirely unexpected.

It is a tragedy when someones dies by their own hand. THe fou8nder of the SAMARITANS CHad Varah, learned of a young girl who ended her life when she had her first period, she thouight she must have done something terrible. SHe hadnt & CHAD VARAH, determined that this would never happen again. THe SAMARITANS were born & continue to save people who think they have no hope. Every one in despair can be shown hope..

NOrmally I am a lightweight contributor & don't do serious, but I make an exception with this thread
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Dare I suggest that you consider a less harrowing profession?
NOne of my business, of course but you seem to be too close to your clients & their troubles.
I say that without having read all the posts so far, I find the subject dificult to understand. Most failed suicides are a desperate cry for help. Those who mean business accomplish it first time & their action can be entirely unexpected.

It is a tragedy when someones dies by their own hand. THe fou8nder of the SAMARITANS CHad Varah, learned of a young girl who ended her life when she had her first period, she thouight she must have done something terrible. SHe hadnt & CHAD VARAH, determined that this would never happen again. THe SAMARITANS were born & continue to save people who think they have no hope. Every one in despair can be shown hope..

NOrmally I am a lightweight contributor & don't do serious, but I make an exception with this thread
Robert that is not my understanding I understand the 'Sams' are not there to 'save' people but to give them the opportunity to talk things through with someone who will just listen without trying to give advice.
Their maxim is 'come quietly into my world and let me be'.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:30 AM

I had a long think about this topic, I think I would want to end it all if, I killed someone or seriously injured them or if I had a terminal illness that meant a lot of suffering for everyone close to me, such as one where you were entirely helpless or in considerable distress with pain etc.
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I had a long think about this topic, I think I would want to end it all if, I killed someone or seriously injured them or if I had a terminal illness that meant a lot of suffering for everyone close to me, such as one where you were entirely helpless or in considerable distress with pain etc.
Me too. lets hope we have access to assisted suicide by then. I mean legality.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Robert that is not my understanding I understand the 'Sams' are not there to 'save' people but to give them the opportunity to talk things through with someone who will just listen without trying to give advice.
Their maxim is 'come quietly into my world and let me be'.
THank you for that refinenement, I agree entirely, it's good to talk.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top