Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 05:38 PM

Is it just me ???

Him indoors thinks I have become worse as I have aged and I am afraid I am more inclined to agree with him. We have just been on holiday to a leisure resort on the Isle of Wight. It was all Half board with accommodation ranging from Standard, Standard Plus or Superior. Well if you know me, it had to be Superior because I am one of the fussiest moo's when it comes to home comforts and I wanted to ensure that is what I was getting if I wasn't going to be sleeping in my own lovely bed for a week.
Him indoors unlocked the door, carried the cases in, sat down in a chair whilst I went through my normal routine.

1. Check the bed for softness and comfort
2. Pull the bottom sheet off to check the mattress
3. Check the sheet and duvet to see no stains
4. Check the bath for P...c hairs
5. Check the Toilet for cleanliness
6. Check the Toilet brush to ensure it is clean
7. Check the small Fridge to ensure it is clean.
8. Do the dust by finger test around the window ledges etc.
9. Check that every single thing mentioned in the Brochure is included !!

Then and only then, after it has passed my Four in a Room test, do I start to relax.

Am I alone in this? is it something us women do by instinct or am I just a fussy old mare as him indoors says?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Re: Is it just me ???

It may not be just you, but I'd not have the energy for a holiday after all that
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
It may not be just you, but I'd not have the energy for a holiday after all that
LOL - Don't even get me started on the food then!! I would make an excellent Secret Shopper cos I picked up on everything that others simply didn't give a thought to. The Maitre Dee, our waiter, the service given, the quality of the food, the amount of servings given, the texture of the breakfast Pork sausage, the quality of the bacon, how the eggs were cooked, how thin the toast was, how stingy they were with the one pat of butter on the table for my roll at dinner time, huh, one pat of butter for me who likes to see her teeth marks left after the usual bite taken.
I actually thought I could have been banned if him indoors hadn't stopped me saying something when the Quiz started in the coffee lounge later on the first evening when the twentysomething slip of a girl asking the questions came out with the comment. "Sorry there is no prize for the Quiz but it will keep your brains active". WHAT !! the cheeky, condescending little B..ch !!
Told you I was terrible, I even checked the slice of lemon for quality when they served me my first G&T with ice and a slice. (mind you, by the third who cared!)
I don't know why I am like this honestly, I guess I would like the place to be run by ME then I know it would be done correctly.:lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Mary myself and the family rent a cottage for a holiday each year and I usually spent the first day cleaning it from top to bottom

The last two years while the 3 babies were 3 years old and under we have stayed in a Grade 2 listed farmhouse in Dorset which was very clean so I had an extra day's holiday .

I take my own food and cook everything myself including most of the bread so no worries there and oh joy it had an Aga ....
...this is the kitchen

Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 06:50 PM

No no Meg, we like to be waited on hand and foot, not much holiday for her in doors if sh has to cook, we go away to relax, get fat and enjoy the weather and entertainment.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
No no Meg, we like to be waited on hand and foot, not much holiday for her in doors if sh has to cook, we go away to relax, get fat and enjoy the weather and entertainment.
...no thank you Arthur I like to know what I am eating and the best way is if I cook the food myself .
We have some meals out of course but I still prefer my own food.
Because I live alone I usually cook for one so it is no hardship to cook for the family for a week .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Be thankful for a loving partner and a lovely holiday!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Be thankful for a loving partner and a lovely holiday!
I agree Twizzle, her indoors as worked day and night for everybody who comes through our door, so she deserves a nice comfortable break.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-06-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...no thank you Arthur I like to know what I am eating and the best way is if I cook the food myself .
We have some meals out of course but I still prefer my own food.
Because I live alone I usually cook for one so it is no hardship to cook for the family for a week .
Wrinkly, same thoughts as me. We both still working thank god so certainly have no intention of cooking one single meal on hols. Because family business can only afford to take one week off during the year so it has to be home from home for me without doing any work.

Meg, you are an absolute saint and your family must love the fact that you are serving up sumptious home-cooked meals when you are all on holiday. Lucky things. I am so paranoid about food that I feel like checking with the head chefs where the meat is sourced from, Is this chicken british? Is the beef horsemeat? I don't think there is much hope for me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

22-06-2013, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Wrinkly, same thoughts as me. We both still working thank god so certainly have no intention of cooking one single meal on hols. Because family business can only afford to take one week off during the year so it has to be home from home for me without doing any work.

Meg, you are an absolute saint and your family must love the fact that you are serving up sumptious home-cooked meals when you are all on holiday. Lucky things. I am so paranoid about food that I feel like checking with the head chefs where the meat is sourced from, Is this chicken british? Is the beef horsemeat? I don't think there is much hope for me.
Mary my son pays for the luxury accommodation and I provide the food and half the wine .
It isn't a lot of fun eating out with three babies who throw food everywhere

I find most restaurant food even Michelin stared poor in comparison to to home cooked food using the best ingredients

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top