Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 07:45 PM

Re: Forums - why the need?

Cos I wanted to do more on My 'puter than just bank/online shop/find answers to My daft questions/pay bills/book holidays...So I looked around for something for the over 50s...found a Forum,and became addicted...That was around 10 yrs ago...and here I am ;~)
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 08:53 PM

It's easier than going out and meeting real people face to face
It passes some time
It sometimes supplies useful information
It gives the opportunity to state a view without the hassle of an argument
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 08:56 PM

I like hearing other people's opinions there is a danger in real life you can find you are with people who all think like you do on forums that is definitely not the case
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
It was actually my son who asked the question. I couldn't really give him an answer. I have been to!d by others I'm obviously bored and lonely. I don't actually think I am!

If your happy to be on forum so be it myra , wouldn't take to much notice of others , but your answer I don't actually think I am , I can read into that both ways , but if your happy deep down go with the flow
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
It was actually my son who asked the question. I couldn't really give him an answer. I have been to!d by others I'm obviously bored and lonely. I don't actually think I am!
Myra your just like everyone else on here looking for something else, i could do allsorts of things but i'm not bothered too much, sometimes you have to fill in a gap inbetween doing things otherwise you go mad
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 11:04 PM

Unless I go out, I would rarely see anybody, so I love chatting with you folks, but I can see how it becomes addictive .

Also, when I've had enough, I don't have to try and kick anyone out!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 11:09 PM

I'm here because I find some great people to exchange ideas and information with.
It's like most places there are good and bad and loads in between.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I'm here because I find some great people to exchange ideas and information with.
It's like most places there are good and bad and loads in between.

Yes, that's very true Anita.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 04:29 AM

I live what some people would think of as an overly busy life when I'm technically retired - heavily involved in my local U3A, president of U3AOnline, a member of two Boards, a partner and dog to look after, and still working part-time -

BUT I still come on here at least once a day after reading emails and doing other things on my computer so I think you can tell whoever it was who said people use forums because they are bored and lonely that is absolute rubbish.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:22 AM

I like forums they give me the chance to talk to people and exchange views on things that I wouldnt get a chance to in real life..

Im not a social club /pub/womens guild type so I dont see that many people.
I live a long way from family and so FB and forums give me an easy way to keep in touch.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top