Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:36 AM

Re: Forums - why the need?

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I like forums they give me the chance to talk to people and exchange views on things that I wouldnt get a chance to in real life..

Im not a social club /pub/womens guild type so I dont see that many people.
I live a long way from family and so FB and forums give me an easy way to keep in touch.
Facebook is great for that Cass. We're able to see what family in Australia have been doing. It's great
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:47 AM

**Please remember if you wish to discuss Facebook there is a dedicated thread here.
This thread is about Forums.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...light=facebook
thank you
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:55 AM

I enjoy forums, don"t for nano second do I think I am bored or lonely. They are just fun and perhaps hear a point of view different from your own.

I enjoy forums, don"t for one nano second do I think I am bored or lonely.
it is just nice to maybe hear a different view from your own .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:56 AM

Oh dear, don"t know what happened there.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Forums allow me to give vent to thoughts I would otherwise have to bury. In the past this has led to me imploding (having to hold my tongue) or even exploding in the wrong company. It is very necessary to put pen to paper for me (or text to forum) so that my more complex thoughts are given substance and I can examine them at leisure: also, of course, other opinions on such thoughts are vitally important. I don't always feel the need to spout forth but to know there are places available is helpful. Before I joined this forum I tried to instigate meaningful chats on places such as Facebook and just felt like a freak.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 04:39 PM

I miss Friends Reunited in the early days or Saga that followed on, however, nothing seems to replace the friendships we made in those days. I am still in touch with quite a few 10 and 11 years on but FB never appealed. Dogsey is now my favourite because we have our beloved dogs in common.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I miss Friends Reunited in the early days or Saga that followed on, however, nothing seems to replace the friendships we made in those days. I am still in touch with quite a few 10 and 11 years on but FB never appealed. Dogsey is now my favourite because we have our beloved dogs in common.
Moyra, I was never on Friends Reunited, but have friends who loved it. Saga was also good in it's day, at the beginning. Don't think anything will replace them.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 10:20 PM

Just down the road we have one of the main offices for mind they deal with mental illness , depression ect , few of the mental health councillors I know quite well , had this discussion few times with them regarding furums and mental Heath or depression , as they say nearly all their paitients use forums mainly because it's hard for them to mix in and be accepted in the real world ,
Myself do believe lot of people that use forums have issues or have a issue with a part of their life ,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 10:26 PM

Maybe folks just like to know there are other folks more bonkers than them?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2015, 10:31 PM

Why would anyone who's not a mixer then go an join a forum? If I found it difficult to mix with people the last thing I'd do is join a forum, it would scare the hell outa me, especially when you see the bickering that goes on in some of them. I think if I wanted to be accepted I'd start out by joining in with the locals in the parish hall or the pub, but that's just me we are all different thank God.
To Markey's post.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top