Join for free
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 01:40 AM

Re: Last to post wins

But,Judd,my dear fellow...to we [ahem] ''Viking Invaders'' hailing from Shetland - you ARE a 'southerner'!!!

Um-I'll just say goodnight and tiptoe out. [but I AM on guard]
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'll have you know madam that `Yorkie gibberish` is the very foundation of the English language - it is where the language was created as a common tongue between Anglo Saxons and the Viking invaders. It later became polluted by Norman French and latterly by American usage.

That's why the correct pronunciation of Last rhymes with cast, vast, fast etc. It is never pronounced like the poncey sounding larst as favoured by southerners (a pox on them)
That would explain it then. That common tongue issue often results in gibberish....or summat.
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'll have you know madam that `Yorkie gibberish` is the very foundation of the English language - it is where the language was created as a common tongue between Anglo Saxons and the Viking invaders. It later became polluted by Norman French and latterly by American usage.

That's why the correct pronunciation of Last rhymes with cast, vast, fast etc. It is never pronounced like the poncey sounding larst as favoured by southerners (a pox on them)
Poncey southerners ? How very dare you 🤨 I’ll have you know we don’t all rhyme Last with Larrrst.
Trying to think of a rhyme for Yorkshire grit. Hmmmmm.
Flounces off stage left. 👋 😇
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
Poncey southerners ? How very dare you 🤨 I’ll have you know we don’t all rhyme Last with Larrrst.

Ere' come on lads. I know Judd and the Yorkies talk weird but we can't have division in the ranks. We need to stand firm against these wimmin types otherwise we'll end up like the Labour party and no one wants that....

Anyway, we all know it's barth not Baff or Laff or staf or paff etc etc..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 10:55 AM

Wot is going on ere then?
Get your trotters out of your ears.
I am last and fast.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Wot is going on ere then?
Get your trotters out of your ears.
I am last and fast.
How do you pronounce bath SP? Or do you have a maid pronounce it for you?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How do you pronounce bath SP? Or do you have a maid pronounce it for you?
Bath as in laugh, do you need a bath or a laugh?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-02-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Bath as in laugh, do you need a bath or a laugh?
One normally leads to the other.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
But,Judd,my dear fellow...to we [ahem] ''Viking Invaders'' hailing from Shetland - you ARE a 'southerner'!!!

Um-I'll just say goodnight and tiptoe out. [but I AM on guard]
Maybe, but the greater mass of the Viking raiders occupied Northumbria which stretched from what is now South Yorkshire up to Hadrian's wall.

Hmmm.... that could explain the North South divide. The South, formerly Mercia and Wessex could still be bearing a grudge even after all these years?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
Wit?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top