Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 02:03 PM

What pleases you?

The antidote to bad shopping moments. We were shopping earlier and I was in trolley control. This little lad was moving around like they do-`Brownian motion`?

I put my arm out next to him and slowly passed-his parents looked,said "be careful Jake" and then looked full at me and said "thank you".

Just a tiny gesture but so much appreciated
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Re: What pleases you?

'Niceness' - whether it's just a smile, an act of kindness, good manners or just plain ol decency. Unfortunately too many people lack that these days (which I guess makes it all the more special).

Dogs (or any animal I guess) playing makes me smile too

Good thread!
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Oh, I agree. I try to polite and use chivalry, even as a biker.

A few days ago while I was shopping, a woman dropped her purse.

I kicked it to her.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:31 PM

It gladdened my heart to see a local (tough) teenager carrying the shopping bag of an elderly neighbour right up to her hall door, he looked a bit embarrassed but carried on. Their good points are seldom highlighted.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Politeness and manners pleases me most ...... they come free too!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:55 PM

I did'nt know you had been in the 'Brownies' OG.

Any time I see someone being kind to any of Gods creatures be it Dogs, Cats, Donkey's, Birds etc.

I am also please when youngsters say Thank you, Please or Excuse me and I am especially please when I see someone turn off their mobile phone.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Just been shopping in Bristol. I noted this large agressive looking women walking towards me with a certain look of intent in her eye. As we coincided she deliberatley bashed me aside with her shoulder. I turned and gave her "the look". She then hollered at the top of her voice, "Get out of my F*%king way you male chauvenist scum!".

I'm smiled politely and walked on. Some "women" have some "issues" don't they? Or maybe I should take the noting of my obvious masculinity as a compliment ?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 04:27 PM

"Get out of my F*%king way you male chauvenist scum!".

Best just to smile. Far easier than asking if she had bowel problems
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2010, 08:39 PM

Why oh why are some people so unnecessarily aggressive and rude? It doesn't cost anything to smile, say Please or Thank you.

I too like to see teens behaving nicely; I see a lot of them on the bus on the way to high school and they are mostly mannerly, give me a seat, etc. That makes me smile.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Manners please me- thank you, please and excuse me cost nothing. It pleases me when I say good morning/afternoon when out walking and they respond with a smile instead of a grunt. It pleases me when one of my nieces or nephews say 'love you' and it pleases me looking at Sam and Hatti curled up together, worn out but happy. Just the little things in life please me........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top