Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 01:45 PM

Re: I'd like your thoughts please.

I have not commented on this thread because it just about sums up the couldn't give a monkeys attitude of everyone today .
I am fed up of inconsiderate AHs in all professions
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 01:55 PM

The surgeries have their computerised systems but for some reason, nothing seems to get put on there. At least in the old days of written notes, someone actually added things.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
they both sound incompetent. What about asking the roofer for meds and getting the doctor to do your roof?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:39 PM

Aren't all doctors/surgeries the same? Every time you visit a quack or surgery they ask you the very same questions as they did on your last visit. Don't they keep records regarding your health? It's very annoying.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The surgeries have their computerised systems but for some reason, nothing seems to get put on there. At least in the old days of written notes, someone actually added things.

Dongle, it IS on my records, and has been for quite a few years, so I can only assume he didn't bother to look.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:34 PM

The latest news:

Just after 8 o/clock this morning, I got a phone call from the receptionist at the surgery.
A rather brusque voice just said . . . "Doctor has sent a new prescription straight through to the pharmacy and it is ready for you to collect today."

And that was it. No explanation, no apology, just changed the drug.
I asked who authorised it and she told me. I knew the name, it was one of the really nice lady doctors there.

I must admit I would have appreciated a GP giving me a quick ring with an explanation and apology, but it wasn't to be, and it was no good questioning the old bat on reception as she is only the messenger pigeon.

I went later today and collected my prescription and had another moan to the pharmacist, but decided to leave it at that now as I shall get too stressed.
If the opportunity is right at a future appointment, I will still say what I feel then.

Regarding the wretched roofer. I have been trying to find someone else, but it is easier said than done.

You may recall yesterday the chap opposite me said he would pop over either last night before dark, or else today, and have a look at the job.
So for the last two nights I have left the side gate unlocked to show him round, and guess what? - Yep, you're right, he never came!!

I have decided it is a genetic problem with a lot of men.
Show me one who actually does what he says he will do!

There is another building firm about a mile down the road from me. They did a smashing job on the house nearby, even worked all day Saturdays to get the job done.
I have rung them three times today - no answer. Not even an answering machine to leave a message.
What a strange way to run a business.

So fed up with complaining, chasing people, and wearing myself out. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Looks like I might have to see what the first bloke says when he returns to work next Tuesday, but I will really flip if he says he still can't do it.

Only last thing then, would be perhaps to look on that 'Rated People' website. Anyone any experience of using this?

https://www.ratedpeople.com/find-quo...iAAEgIyYfD_BwE
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dongle, it IS on my records, and has been for quite a few years, so I can only assume he didn't bother to look.
Ah, I see. Yes probably didn't bother then as you say. It seems pointless having notes if no one looks. I have never seen one of their computer programmes but you would think that any allergic reactions to drugs would be highlighted in a certain section so they can be read easily.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:09 AM

I went to Eastbourne hospital for an eye checkup, my own hospital " Conquest" had a tendency to forget appointments or even making them. So i made one and the only place was Eastbourne. So off I go and have he eye test, , they forgot to arrange for the person doing the field test to be in there as well.

So they were suppose to arrange for one back at Conquest hospital that was 3/4 months ago and still waiting.

That apart from not having an MRI scan for 9 months until I was rushed into hospital 3 yrs ago, then they panicked having gone in twice before with the same complaint and nothing done about it. I nearly lost my life over that error,.

it is not the Dr's and Nurses, they do a good job, it is the office staff that don't back them up that are the problem
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:09 AM

Mups,

IŽd go for a second opinion to another doctor.

As far as the contractor is concerned: do you have some sort of a contract?
If so he should see to it the work is done. Not your problem if he signed a contract he must deliver, no matter how or by whom.

If there is no contract go find someone else.

Friendship is a good thing and is to be cherished, but if you have taken the preparations already the work has to be done.
If your friend cant do it, find someone else.

I dont suppose your friend would have done it for free, so he is to be treated as a normal contractor.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Hi Mups,

Like others on here say, I would not hesitate to get in touch with the Practice Manager and inform them of what has happened. Whether you wish to mention about the previous complaint of course, is up to you, but busy though doctors are, he had the computer in front of him and should not have made such an error. Things could have been much worse if you had had a really bad reaction to those meds.

As to the second question. Mups, it seems your friend has been very disrespectful towards you, even if unintentionally. It may not be a big deal to him, especially if he has several jobs on the go and is fitting you in because you are a friend. It appears he is putting you bottom of the queue and you shouldn't put up with that.

If I was you, I would phone him up or see him and explain that you're sorry, but with the way things are with him and no definite start date now, you are unfortunately having to get quotes from other firms to do the job. Don't let him fob you off with promises to start as soon as possible, friend or no friend, if he does, say you want a start date no later than 7 days or again, unfortunately, you will have to go elsewhere for someone to do the job as it is essential it is done before the bad weather sets in, and the longer you have to wait, the longer it is going to take to do the job.

You can do it Mups, you are a strong, resilient woman. Don't let any man take advantage of your good nature, or the fact that you are a friend. Not much of a friend if he treats you like this. Sorry.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top