Join for free
Page 111 of 164 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by mags ->
this thread is mainly for those of us who have had their jabs and to let others know how they reacted to them.

We are also looking forward to people's reactions to the second vaccination.

Please try to keep your debates and what you do or don't like about vaccines to other suitable covid threads in this section as it would make things easier here finding out which other members have had the jab and how they are coping with it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
This thread is mainly for those of us who have had their jabs and to let others know how they reacted to them.

We are also looking forward to people's reactions to the second vaccination.

Please try to keep your debates and what you do or don't like about vaccines to other suitable Covid threads in this section as it would make things easier here finding out which other members have had the jab and how they are coping with it.
OK. My first jab was about four weeks ago with no ill effects whatsoever. A few neighbours have minor discomfort for a day or so.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
OK. My first jab was about four weeks ago with no ill effects whatsoever. A few neighbours have minor discomfort for a day or so.
Pleased to hear you didn’t suffer any ill effects after your jab, Besoeker...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Nearly all my flu jabs have given me a sore arm, but my first Covid jab gave me no pain at all. Throughout the next 24 hours I did feel tired with aching muscles, but it soon got better & I am hoping my second jab is similar!

This was a new experience for all of us, so I feel that hearing other people's experience has been reassuring.....or are all OFF members a tough lot who don't complain?

I suspect we were all a little apprehensive about having this jab but , AFAIK, nobody here has been very ill with it, so I would like to thank Mags for starting the thread!

I know Mups was ill, but she has not yet been given conclusive evidence that the Jab caused the problem. If you decide to have the second jab Mups, perhaps they could send a handsome male nurse to look after you for a few days!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:00 PM

I was very ill with it (AZ). Took me all week to recover. Pfizer is defintely the best one to have for nil side effects. I've finally started to feel back to normal today. I don't know anyone personally who has had it so bad but the GP said that some people can have side effects for 7 days. I am one of the unlucky few.

Never had this problem with any vaccine. But I have had a similar problem with one type of antibiotic in the past. Although in the case of that it lasted for a lot longer than a week.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:03 PM

We had the second dose of Pfizer this afternoon no problems so far .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:09 PM

I haven't met anyone who has had side effects from Pfizer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was very ill with it (AZ). Took me all week to recover. Pfizer is defintely the best one to have for nil side effects. I've finally started to feel back to normal today. I don't know anyone personally who has had it so bad but the GP said that some people can have side effects for 7 days. I am one of the unlucky few.

Never had this problem with any vaccine. But I have had a similar problem with one type of antibiotic in the past. Although in the case of that it lasted for a lot longer than a week.
How do you know that you wouldn't have been ill with the Prizer?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I haven't met anyone who has had side effects from Pfizer.
I haven't met anyone who has had side effects from AZ!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How do you know that you wouldn't have been ill with the Prizer?
It's not 100% definite of course, but the pfizer side effects in research were confirmed to be minimal and mild compared with AZ. The caveat was for allergy sufferers but anaphylaxis can be treated if you are expecting it.

I knew the difference before I had the vaccine. But you don't get a choice.

Page 111 of 164 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top