Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 08:25 PM

Re: Logging in to Hotmail

That's how I see it too Julie, just give it to people who ask for an address but I don't really want to hear from them, insurance company quotes etc. but there's a couple of relatives who have it. Thanks for your advice.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 09:02 AM

I always use Yahoo, and have several different addresses. When I went to the 50+ show on Saturday, when filling out competition forms, I suddenly found myself using one of these throw away addys, rather than my day to day one. If I find the inbox clogged up with unwanted messages in the future I'll know that one of the organisations has gone against my request and bombarded me with their own gumf, or sold my address to someone.

I do have a Hotmail account for Google but so rarely use it. Don't even check the inbox these days.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

I do have a Hotmail account for Google but so rarely use it. Don't even check the inbox these days.
The great thing about these web based addresses is that they have great spam filters, they are available where ever you are in the world, when you change your ISP you still have the same address, you can have different ones for different purposes and you can abandon them whenever you like. You can access them all at once using a mail reader such as Thunderbird, Windows Live or even Incredimail.

These days I never use the one supplied by my ISP only Gmail and Hotmail and inspite of what I just said I have never had to abandon one of these email addresses. Not only that they come with a calendar, file storage and photo storage all of which is accessible no matter where you are in the world.

I wouldn't use anything else.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 04:08 PM

I had trouble with my Hotmail Account but it's Ok now, I think it must have overheated.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 08:36 AM

I had the same problem. I gave them my mobile phone number & they texted me a code.
All is well now.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Yes I had a problem with an old Hotmail account yesterday but they emailed a code to another account, made sure it was my gmail, and it is ok now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top