Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Re: Dog thief.

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Oh so glad it's not just mind that's barmy then.

She does annoy my staffie every day at least 3 times, biting his legs, tail and ears luckily he has taken to her and just growls back if he can't be bothered.

Pip will also sit on anybody, anywhere, anytime. She follows me to the loo as well. But she is so cute I don't regret getting her just hope she calms down a bit, going walkies is a nightmare at the moment!
I do, but it's a bit like childbirth the memory always appears worse than the actual, so you repeat it only to find memory was correct after all.Walkies not a prob only for dogs bigger than him, most of the canine world really, they need sorting out rotties, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, German Shepherds ,Black Labs, Retrievers are OK apparently. Any other JR's are great even the ones who are normally snappy get on fine with him, everyone says he's so sweet, cobblers!!!!
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 01:32 PM

Hazel it's so typical of us to get another barmy dog but she is very lovable, our staffie is very quirky as well, he was a rescue dog and had been re-homed twice before me!

Trouble being they didn't bother to tell us his problems until we found out ourselves after a few days so we gave him the benefit of the doubt and after 3months complained to the rspca about his behavior and they said would take him back but put him to sleep!

Hence two barmy dogs. Well it keeps me busy.
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2012, 07:40 PM

I am allowed to live with 2 YORKSHIRE TERRORIST'S who seem to have the same nature as JR's ,they think they are doing us a favour by allowing us to sit in the chair !,i think, we are own'd by them !! life's fun with dogs
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Anji0007 ->
I am allowed to live with 2 YORKSHIRE TERRORIST'S who seem to have the same nature as JR's ,they think they are doing us a favour by allowing us to sit in the chair !,i think, we are own'd by them !! life's fun with dogs
of course you are, you didn't think for a minute you owned them did you ?? good heavens what a daft idea. They are doing you a favour letting you sit in a chair, Bailey our JR wouldn't dream of it. On hols in caravan he nearly kicked me out of bed, cos he stuck all 4 feet against the wall and pushed, I moved and nearly rolled off.
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2012, 06:37 PM

lol nice to know i am not alone ,
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Oh no, I have a 17mth old male JRT who is as mad as a hatter & I keep thinking he'll get better, he'll improve, he'll grow up soon & stop 'chewing, chasing everything, tearing up my plants, trying to eat his way through the fence, he also shredded my husbands 1966 world cup colour supplement so having read your tales I think I'll take a trip with him to Battersea (only joking he's quite adorable really)
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by jennym ->
Oh no, I have a 17mth old male JRT who is as mad as a hatter & I keep thinking he'll get better, he'll improve, he'll grow up soon & stop 'chewing, chasing everything, tearing up my plants, trying to eat his way through the fence, he also shredded my husbands 1966 world cup colour supplement so having read your tales I think I'll take a trip with him to Battersea (only joking he's quite adorable really)
Yes I know exactly what you mean. They drive you to distraction but when they cuddle up to you and look at you like your the best thing since sliced bread you think " ok give it a bit longer" lol
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

13-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by jennym ->
Adorable 6yr old Bailey chewed his Muzzle last Saturday, cos we didn't take him in the restaurant with us, and I yet again foolishly trusted him.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire

15-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->

Adorable 6yr old Bailey chewed his Muzzle last Saturday, cos we didn't take him in the restaurant with us, and I yet again foolishly trusted him.
Hazel I nearly visited Battersea with Pip after peeing on my bed for the third time I trusted her after the 2nd time that she wouldn't do it again, then low and behold she did it again. She is now banned from the bed and bedroom and knows it!!

Unfortunately, it looks like the honeymoon is over and the so called friend I bought her off didn't tell me her little foibles and naughty behaviour.

She is improving though it's obvious she has never been trained or disciplined properly with her previous owners. I think with time and patience she will be a good dog (umm or is that wishful thinking on my part)!! My own fault really I didn't read up on the habits and behaviour of JRT's and didn't realise what a handful they can be, but we have her now and that's that.

So any tips on JRT appreciated!! xx
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

15-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Hazel I nearly visited Battersea with Pip after peeing on my bed for the third time I trusted her after the 2nd time that she wouldn't do it again, then low and behold she did it again. She is now banned from the bed and bedroom and knows it!!

Unfortunately, it looks like the honeymoon is over and the so called friend I bought her off didn't tell me her little foibles and naughty behaviour.

She is improving though it's obvious she has never been trained or disciplined properly with her previous owners. I think with time and patience she will be a good dog (umm or is that wishful thinking on my part)!! My own fault really I didn't read up on the habits and behaviour of JRT's and didn't realise what a handful they can be, but we have her now and that's that.

So any tips on JRT appreciated!! xx

I have got a dog behaviourists report on Bailey, it's bleddy hilarious, not toy possesssive, Rotti and Ridgeback know different, not food possesive, tell Boris and he only went over to his EMPTY bowl, not aggressive, snaps at anything bigger than himself,shouldn't be trusted with young children, you could leave him with a child but woe betide the stranger coming near. He likes dogs his own size and smaller but a bit iffy with bouncy pups. He'd had not even basic training when we got him but he soon learned and I don't think he'd been spoken to that much cos he very soon learned his name which he didn't respond to when we first got him. They all have their own little foibles and I wouldn't swap him for the world only don't tell him thatcos I keep telling him I'm taking him back and swapping him for a giant mastiff ,it would be less trouble. My friend laughs cos he says you just talk to him and he knows what you're saying, exactly as if your talking to me.Funny cos I don't remember bellowing "Stay and don't chew anything!!" at Mike.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top