Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 12:30 AM

Re: Laptops

oh me too Meg! btw Bruce. the 2015 version of AVG isn't in your list so you need to be updated!
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 12:33 AM

Mups, if it 'had' a virus on it, it means that virus is old and practically all anti-virus programmes will clear or quarantine it, from the ones freely available by download on the internet to the ones you can buy in the shops. If you buy one, always get it online, they are usually half the price of retail outlets. I use Norton 360 and Norton wanted about £60 for it, I got it for £20.

Viruses are usually only problematic when they first appear, because anti-virus programs are not aware of the problem - they are always playing catch up to the rogues that write them. Once they become aware they will write a patch and you will either need to manually download the patch or for most purchased ones, you'll get 12 months of automatic updates.

I had to throw away a laptop because of a virus a few years ago. It simply stopped working and then 3 days later, everything worked normally. Why I don't know, but I didn't trust it enough to put my password in for my bank accounts. I think I got the virus from Facebook.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
oh me too Meg! btw Bruce. the 2015 version of AVG isn't in your list so you need to be updated!
My point exactly
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 12:40 AM

I have the latest free version of AVG which is one of the best anti virus progs imo, also recommended by my PC guru

I've got the free AVG on my old p.c. Honey, but when I googled it to see if I could download it onto the laptop, I could only find the AVG version 2015, who want you to install is free for a "trial period", then they expect to sell it after the trial, don't they?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 12:41 AM

I have a great PC advisor/fixitwhenit'sbroke guy who empowers me with the knowledge I need to keep my laptop running without issues, he's also as fit as a butcher's dog so I'll keep going back to him!

Mups it's totally free, check here
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fredtheshed ->
Im only trying to help Mups i use Avast and find it to be good.

Thankyou Fred, I've never heard of that one.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

14-11-2014, 12:44 AM

I've used Avast but I find AVG is better, compare them here
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-11-2014, 12:47 AM

I have a great PC advisor/fixitwhenit'sbroke guy who empowers me with the knowledge I need to keep my laptop running without issues, he's also as fit as a butcher's dog so I'll keep going back to him!

Mups it's totally free, check here

Yes, I think that would encourage me too
Thanks for the link, I'll have a look.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

14-11-2014, 12:48 AM

check out the latest comparison link in my last post
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-11-2014, 12:50 AM

Will do, and thanks.
Night night.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top