Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 01:08 PM

Re: UK PM was wrong to name nurses who cared for him..this is why

Now the Grauniad has released a `Clap for Me` video featuring all immigrant `people of colour` who work for the NHS while ignoring white immigrants and indigenous white employees, implying that the NHS would grind to a halt if not for their efforts. While recognising their contribution to the NHS, let us not forget that the great majority of employees are white.

This video can be regarded as racist in my view...

Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 01:45 PM

Whilst we have every reason to be thankful for the efforts of these people, you can imagine the outcry if the video only featured white people.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

Whilst we have every reason to be thankful for the efforts of these people, you can imagine the outcry if the video only featured white people.
Yes but it shouldn't though should it Tango.....Racism works both ways....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Now the Grauniad has released a `Clap for Me` video featuring all immigrant `people of colour` who work for the NHS while ignoring white immigrants and indigenous white employees, implying that the NHS would grind to a halt if not for their efforts. While recognising their contribution to the NHS, let us not forget that the great majority of employees are white.

What does colour have to do with it anyway. They seem to forget that someone can be an immigrant without being black. I will clap for their efforts in the NHS but I will not clap for their colour.

Mind you, it is the Grauniad.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top