Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Same here, but it is brightening up promisingly.

Good luck to your Mum Jean.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 11:02 AM

Good morning fellow members, a strange day here damp and warm.

I was out at the crack of dawn doing the shopping, I really fancy some soup so am off to make some leek and potato for lunch.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
oh lucky you having a man who can cook Janella,afraid its me here.
He's taking over in the kitchen annie but I must admit, I'm loving it Makes up for all those years of having a hot meal on the table as soon as he walked in from work
That soup sounds good Meg I have never made soup
Good luck to your mum from me too Jean.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 12:54 PM

Good morning all, a grey day over here but very warm. I have my work finished now and it's time to relax, the wife and daughter are off shopping so I have the whole place to myself.
I hope your mother's operation goes well Mups, my wife's eldest sister (82) had her second eye done last monday and she's over the moon with all she can see, she can't wait to get back to her bingo now, makes a fantastic difference.
Take care Folks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Afternoon all. Beautiful gardens Alan.

Its sunny and very humid today. Have been out cleaning.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good morning all, a grey day over here but very warm. I have my work finished now and it's time to relax, the wife and daughter are off shopping so I have the whole place to myself.
I hope your mother's operation goes well Mups, my wife's eldest sister (82) had her second eye done last monday and she's over the moon with all she can see, she can't wait to get back to her bingo now, makes a fantastic difference.
Take care Folks.
Thankyou Jem, I hope it goes well for her too as when she had the first one done a couple of years ago, it went wrong, so she's understandably anxious this time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thankyou Jem, I hope it goes well for her too as when she had the first one done a couple of years ago, it went wrong, so she's understandably anxious this time.
Thankyou all for your good wishes for Mum. I have come away from the hospital because they don't think she will be able to come home till about 6pm. Will see her again then.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:04 PM

Hope everthing went well with your Mum's op. Jean. SusieJ x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Mum's home. Went to see her and took her some supper in. She ahs got to put drops in her eyes every 2 hrs for the first 3 days, then after that 4 times a day. Only thing is, when I went to put some in for her tonight before I left her, her poorly eye had been weeping a little and stuck the lids together. Not sure if I would do more harm than good by bathing it open, so phoned the ward she had come from but they had all gone home.
To cut a long story short, 30 mins later I finally got someone to the phone who admitted he didn't know what to do so had to ask someone else! In the end I bathed just the edge of the lid gently with some boiled water and got the eye open, so was able to do the drops. Bet it's stuck again in the morning though, but should be able to get some advice from the ward when they're open again in the morning.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top