Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 10:17 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Everyone.

Good morning everyone.

Looks nice outside, the sun shining but a nip in the air.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Good morning everyone.

Sunnyish start here but a bit of a strong breeze but no rain!

Nothing much planned until this evening when my son and I are doing our 'horror film' night so I shall be hearing ghosts and things for hours afterwards.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 10:54 AM

Good morning everyone the sun is just beginning to show its face through the mist and it's a cool 11ºC here.

Nothing special planned for the day, just pottering doing this and that.

Have an appointment with the audiologist tomorrow morning and will have a look around the shops after.

Barry a very happy 35th birthday to your sons, hope you all have a good day! My twins will be celebrating their 40th birthday next month! Eek! where has the time gone!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Barry a very happy 35th birthday to your sons, hope you all have a good day! My twins will be celebrating their 40th birthday next month! Eek! where has the time gone!
Thanks Mags but yes, where has the time gone indeed, although no complaints they've been a pretty good 35 years..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 01:23 PM

Good afternoon all, I didn't get up till 11.30 I was exhausted last night and I enjoyed my sleep in, feel much more refreshed now with the old batteries fully charged.
Happy birthday to the twins Barry.
You can't beat a good horror film Karen, enjoy it.
Take care Folks.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 04:20 PM

Good afternoon folks! Sorry about another late one, but I slept in this morning and had to make it the 6 miles to Church in just 5 minutes (thank goodness there are no speed cameras up this way!) and thereafter went (as we do every Sunday) to Lidl for some shopping and got blethering with a few people in the car park for half an hour (I'm surprised the manager didn't ask us to leave).

After getting home I went out and mowed the lawn then decided to clear out the two drains into which the downpipes enter and whilst doing that also put some rust protection paint on the drain covers as they were starting to corrode.

By the time I go in the house and poured myself a wee whisky (which is when I planned on logging on here) I got caught up in a telephone conversation!

Anyway, long story short I have had a busy day but I'm finally free to dedicate some time to this fine forum.

Whilst in Lidl we bought, amongst a multitude of other things (I am addicted to that shop and its products!) some Cod Fillets which are frozen and have sauce with them. I put that in the oven at 180 just over half an hour ago so I had better check on it. I've also boiled up some tatties so go with it.

Just a small meal tonight, which is unusual for us on a Sunday, but my blood pressure should thank me if I lose a few pounds. Am I on a diet? No, but I am trying to cut down... How long that lasts though is anybody's guess.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Good afternoon folks! Sorry about another late one, but I slept in this morning and had to make it the 6 miles to Church in just 5 minutes (thank goodness there are no speed cameras up this way!) and thereafter went (as we do every Sunday) to Lidl for some shopping and got blethering with a few people in the car park for half an hour (I'm surprised the manager didn't ask us to leave).

After getting home I went out and mowed the lawn then decided to clear out the two drains into which the downpipes enter and whilst doing that also put some rust protection paint on the drain covers as they were starting to corrode.

By the time I go in the house and poured myself a wee whisky (which is when I planned on logging on here) I got caught up in a telephone conversation!

Anyway, long story short I have had a busy day but I'm finally free to dedicate some time to this fine forum.

Whilst in Lidl we bought, amongst a multitude of other things (I am addicted to that shop and its products!) some Cod Fillets which are frozen and have sauce with them. I put that in the oven at 180 just over half an hour ago so I had better check on it. I've also boiled up some tatties so go with it.

Just a small meal tonight, which is unusual for us on a Sunday, but my blood pressure should thank me if I lose a few pounds. Am I on a diet? No, but I am trying to cut down... How long that lasts though is anybody's guess.

Hazarding a guess Jim matey I'd say all of five minutes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top