Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 08:19 PM

Re: the false xmas smile !

If I get any presents I don't like I take them back to the shop if possible and swap them for something else.
I give so much thought in getting the right present for people but some of the ones I receive in return are a real disappointment.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 08:46 PM

My friend pops in on her way to stay with her son,she likes me to open the presents she gives me ,plus my birthday present [ in October ] as I havent seen her since then,so I have to try and make pleased sounds whether I like them or not,I know she puts a lot into buying gifts
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 10:34 PM

No matter how often I tell people I cant use smelly stuff I always get some for Christmas...

Normally I donate it to a good cause.
Regardless of how awful the gift I accept it in the spirit its given. To be given a gift is a lovely thing anyway.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 11:02 PM

I think the biggest false smile on tv is the one Barbara Windsor does on her advert awful.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 11:13 PM

Im the same Carol and like to put a lot of thought into gifts for friends and family...it is a big disappointment when theres no thought at all in returning the favour from some..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 12:13 AM

I like to get gifts that I know my family and friends will like and most of my friends do the same. One of my American friends sends me silver jewellery for every birthday and every Christmas, I think because I once said I preferred silver to gold, but I rarely if ever wear jewellery. I would never dream of telling her, she would be very hurt I know. I could however open a jewellery shop I suppose I suppose many people are like me, I love giving presents and itīs always nice to receive them too, no matter what they are, but I would hate for anyone to think that because I bought them a present they had to buy me one, really I just like giving them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top