Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:02 PM

Benefits and Work website.

My birthday is coming up, and i expect my benefits will change. I get Pension Credit now and when i get transferred to the standard pension i'll be worse off. So i've been looking what else i maybe able to claim. Possibly PIP, or even Attendace Allowance.
I get lots of emails from benefitsandwork, offering their help if i register with them, it costs £20 for the year.
What i wanted to ask was, has anyone used them, or any of your friends ? What are your opinions, good or a waste of money.
Thanks.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:05 PM

Re: Benefits and Work website.

I think you can claim for Assisted care, but not PIP once on a pension.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:26 PM

I've just found this, not read it all yet, but it seems to be offering good advice by explaining what each question on the form means.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be.../fill-in-form/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:42 PM

I'd suggest don't pay that fee and go to cab, they have benefits experts help you for free of you can donate to them if you want. I'm always very wary of people asking for money for advice like this they can't tell you more than the cab at the end of the day.
SamTheMan
Merseyside

10-04-2018, 02:11 PM

Over the years i've been to the Cab a few times for advice, and what they don't know they've always said make another appointment and we'll find out.
And i'm not in any rush, so i think you're right Julie.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:14 PM

I think you may be able to claim Attendance Allowance.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
My birthday is coming up, and i expect my benefits will change. I get Pension Credit now and when i get transferred to the standard pension i'll be worse off. So i've been looking what else i maybe able to claim. Possibly PIP, or even Attendace Allowance.
I get lots of emails from benefitsandwork, offering their help if i register with them, it costs £20 for the year.
What i wanted to ask was, has anyone used them, or any of your friends ? What are your opinions, good or a waste of money.
Thanks.
If you're not yet 65 and meet tje disability conditions, you can claim pip, but you'll have to be quick!!!, otherwise as others have said, you can, providing you meet the criteria, claim Attendance Allowance.
SamTheMan
Merseyside

10-04-2018, 03:26 PM

I spoke to someone at the Dwp on the phone yesterday, you have to start a PIP claim by phone. I thought if that fails i'll be 65 by then, so will try for AA.
I've got a couple of small private pensions about to mature, about £20k and that will take me over the saving limit for PC, and all the other things that go with it, Council Tax etc etc. I don't mind paying that firm £20, but not if they're no good.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I spoke to someone at the Dwp on the phone yesterday, you have to start a PIP claim by phone. I thought if that fails i'll be 65 by then, so will try for AA.
I've got a couple of small private pensions about to mature, about £20k and that will take me over the saving limit for PC, and all the other things that go with it, Council Tax etc etc. I don't mind paying that firm £20, but not if they're no good.

No matey, if you've already started your claim form by answering their questions (they will send you a written claim too with the answers you gave on the 'phone listed on it too) then there is evidence you claimed before your 65th birthday.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 08:31 PM

**Please note, some posts discussing another site have been removed.

Please do not discuss what may or may not have happened on another site.
Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top