Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Rebekah Brooks

I was not at all surprised that this woman got off yesterday.

I did try to keep up with the whole thing but in the end I found watching paint drying was infinitely preferable to risking premature senility brought on by Murdoch-mania that filled the media for months on end.

Why am I not surprised?

Rebekah Brooks obviously has friends in high places - we all know the latest ones - so the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking " Could it be that the News of the World was sacrificed to save one woman?"

Daft maybe but I was astounded to read that I'm not the only one to be considering this as apparently The Independant said the same thing last Friday and added "If so, why?"

Indeed.

Is it really possible do you think that not only does she have highly-placed friends but also there is something else that is tied into her, the News of the World, Murdoch or - er - something else? stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 01:19 PM

Re: Rebekah Brooks

Shes one hell of a lucky lady - that's for sure !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 01:23 PM

If you remember Steve, at the Leveson inquiry, Rebekah Brooks admitted 'on oath' that she paid Police Officers for information. Not withstanding that admission, the jury in this case cleared her. If that is not bribery and corruption and malfeasance in public office I don't know what is.

What I doi know is that this case has 'whitewashed' her, and yes I agree there's something more to this.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 01:29 PM

Whatever the verdict on Brooks (and I have my own views on that) one thing is for sure, she did not have a grip on her staff and was not up to the job .
The question is was she naive or 'something else'.
I guess it will all come out one day , as they say 'there is no honor among thieves'.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 01:51 PM

I just couldnt believe she got off .
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 01:54 PM

I too just cannot believe she got off. Definitely something fishy there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
I too just cannot believe she got off. Definitely something fishy there.

She obviously knows where the bodies are buried!!! which is why they had to let her go.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
She obviously knows where the bodies are buried!!! which is why they had to let her go.
I think that's it !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 04:52 PM

Just a thought but "how can a jury be nobbled?"
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Just a thought but "how can a jury be nobbled?"
I think its done with fear

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top