Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:49 PM

Re: I Wonder Which Dog Will Be Crowned Champion At Crufts Tonight?

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Last year I heard so much nasty rivalry among dog breed lovers and so many nasty comments it made my stomach turn.
If thats what competition does to people its not for me I wont watch any more.

In response to the hatred poured out by so called dog lovers then I wrote the following.
------------------------------------------------
I look at my own 14 year old beagle Benny each morning and think OMG you are beautiful , you are strong , eager , alert, smart and downright wonderful. The best beagle ever born.

I look at my old crossbreed Remy and think , you got the short straw boyo,,, a small head and broad shoulders, chicken stick thin legs and a constant sad look. You wont win any beauty shows unless the judges can look inside and see the kind loving shy little dog who sticks to me like velcro who laid in front of his housemate after he was attacked and sheltered him from any other foe who might dare try it on.

A little dog who is scared of his own shadow but who let Oscar use him as a pillow and would front up to any dog who got too close when Oscar got frail.

I dont need anyone else to tell me my dogs are wonderful I know they are. I dont need a rosette to tell me they are winners they won my heart years ago.
But I also know that everyone who truly loves thier pet thinks exactly the same about thier companion and I accept that without malice or jelousy.

Its a pity there arent more who think that way.
------------------------------------------------------
I think its still true.
You are a true dog lover Cass and your dogs are so lucky to have a mum like you to love and care for them. I dislike dog shows, I dislike baby shows and I dislike talent competitions too. All dogs should be loved by their owners, no matter what they look like or how perfect they are, they are all the same under the fur if treated properly. What is ugly to some is beautiful to others. I feel the same about baby shows, all babies are, or should be, beautiful to their mums.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well you got your wish Jazzi. She was a sweet little character wasn't she, I'm glad she won.

That bloke with his Pekinese was getting on my nerves, I wanted to ram that flippin' hairbrush where the sun don't shine.

Did you see that poor German Shepherd a bit earlier in the programme. He should never, ever have been allowed to complete, let alone get as far as he did - disgusting. Once a judge shows favouritism to a dog that shape, all the stupid breeders who want to make a name for themselves will copy him, and all the work done to get rid of those awful exaggerated roach backs will be undone.
I hope after the KC delve into it more, he will have his qualification taken away.
Phew! I feel better now.
Oh yes, the bloke who kept fluffing up its fur? and James' (Gordon Setter) owner, who kept lifting his tail. I think he thought he was in with a chance but when I saw Devon, I immediately thought 'you're a winner!' That fur was brilliant white.

I actually was disappointed the 9 yo owner of the Samoyed didn't get a first.

Yes, that German Shepherd was shocking. Our Sabre (cross lab/alsation), in his 13th year his back legs suddenly started collapsing under him. Think it's a trait with them. As my parents were coming to the season's end of their first year at the new caravan, and Sabre was also going deaf, it was time to have him put to sleep. They were not allowed to have him at the park home we'd moved into. So Mum lived with him at the caravan from April till October.

It was upsetting seeing him like he was. Because of his age and we wouldn't have a home for him, there was no question of investigating further or looking for treatment.

Throw that judge out, I say.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh yes, the bloke who kept fluffing up its fur? and James' (Gordon Setter) owner, who kept lifting his tail. I think he thought he was in with a chance but when I saw Devon, I immediately thought 'you're a winner!' That fur was brilliant white.

Throw that judge out, I say.

Yes, I hope he is severely dealt with Jazzi.
BTW, the briliant white hair is usually full of special grooming chalk! Nevertheless, she did look a very nice little dog, I agree.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 09:09 AM

Puppy farmers will be happy . They can churn out even more Westies for all the people now wanting one .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:06 AM

Quick, they're on BBC Breakfast!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:22 AM

The Westie that won was a natural from the start, he new just what to do and had the looks too. He was so sweet... aaaah....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

14-03-2016, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
The Westie that won was a natural from the start, he new just what to do and had the looks too. He was so sweet... aaaah....
It was a bitch, SS.

Abbey, the owner was asked whether people would start aiming for Westies as pets now! How strange that same idea is thought of others.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:34 AM

it's a well known fact that whatever dog wins Crufts will increase in popularity which is not always a good thing for the breed . Unscrupulous people will breed them with little thought to their health or welfare .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:51 AM

I hate the idea of dogs being paraded in shows like Crufts. To me my dog is a companion, not a possession to be controlled and paraded. Every time I see a local man here walking his Newfoundland who he shows, I am horrified by the lack of interaction between dog and owner. It feels like the dog is just suppressed, which isn't right.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Saw the Westie on Breakfast t.v.The owner said that she likes to watch t.v.,My 13 yr old Westie watches the telly too he knows when the adverts are on and goes bananas if there animals on the screen.I don't like to see dogs being paraded around either.My dog is my pal.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top