Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 07:54 PM

Re: Strangled his own dog !

Apparently this story is inaccurate, Heseltine did not kill his dog ...
The ex-deputy PM clarified to the BBC that Kim had not died but reverted to being "the dog we all knew and loved".
He had a "terrible dilemma" but had him put down the next day, he added.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's PM programme, Lord Heseltine said he had been minding Kim one day in 1964 when the dog appeared to have developed a problem with its paw.
He said when he reached down to help, "the dog flew at me... on his hind legs".
'No choice'
"I immediately got out of my chair," he added, "and there was a certain amount of blood, as he was biting my wrists. I shouted to my wife to get out of the room as she was heavily pregnant at the time.
"I managed to catch the choker chain that was around his neck and, twisting that, obviously got a grip on the dog.
"After, it all seemed so long in the event but it probably wasn't more than 15 seconds, he went quite limp and reverted to being the dog we all knew and loved."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37833381
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 08:23 PM

The story was, as I understand it, very different this morning - and so it seems for some years previously, I read that he had killed the dog by strangulation and now as the today has progressed he's saying that account is a misrepresentation. Who knows what the truth is and who will ever know.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 08:30 PM

I'm quite sure that very soon he will introduce us to the Vet that put the dog down and I will bet you a pound to a pinch of excrement, said Vet belongs to the same Lodge as Heseltine.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have no problem with putting a dog to sleep if it bites but it has to be done humanly not just strangled.

A report I read, true or not

He subdued the dog by grabbing its choke collar...It was taken to the Vets the next day and put down.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 10:55 PM

If we mean "killed", why don't we all say "killed" ?

It's like - me dear old mum did not "pass away". She died.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
If we mean "killed", why don't we all say "killed" ?

It's like - me dear old mum did not "pass away". She died.
Are you pissed????
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Apparently this story is inaccurate, Heseltine did not kill his dog ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37833381

Whichever version is true, it's too late now. And if, as he says, the dog "reverted to the dog we all knew and loved" - why kill it, why not just get it's paw injury looked at instead?

I knew there was more to it. So now it seems the dog had this paw injury. Was it a sting/cyst/broken glass/abcess/broken bone - or what? Hestletine probably grabbed it right where it was most painful, and got nipped. Big deal.
Many humans lash out for a lot less reason than that. Let's strangle them all.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Are you pissed????
Not in the slightest (unfortunately) Galty.
There are certain expressions which give many of us the irrates.
I'm guessing even you might have a few.

Animals being "put down" or "put to sleep"
people "passing away" or "passing on"
just reek (to me) of an inability to accept that pets and people ....... DIE.

No real biggie, though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Not in the slightest (unfortunately) Galty.
There are certain expressions which give many of us the irrates.
I'm guessing even you might have a few.

Animals being "put down" or "put to sleep"
people "passing away" or "passing on"
just reek of the inability of some to accept that pets and people ....... DIE.

No real biggie, though.
I agree but I tend to say pts for my animals as that's what it looks like they simply go to sleep as the drug enters their system, they die few seconds later but in my arms they are sleeping.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but I tend to say pts for my animals as that's what it looks like they simply go to sleep as the drug enters their system, they die few seconds later but in my arms they are sleeping.

I agree Julie. It seems slightly kinder as well, than saying "Oh I am going to have my dog killed tomorrow!"

Pummie When euthanasia for humans becomes more widespread in the future, would you mind if Mrs.P said " my beloved Pummie was killed in hospital yesterday."

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top