Join for free
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Re: Whats Next for Brexit ?

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
I wouldn't mind betting that a lot of Brexiteers would secretly like to remain in the EU, if only because it gives them something to moan about.

And what's life without a moan?
Purely speculative.

A remoaner Cliche!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
After May was defeated again looks like you crash out on the 12th April or you don't leave at all.

Is that the case? Hopefully you will all be out of your misery soon.
Yup - and we don't leave at all. If we are stupid enough to crash out without a deal then IMO the misery is going to get a whole lot worse.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Purely speculative.

A remoaner Cliche!
It's ironical that "Remainers" should be dubbed "Remoaners".

All that critics of the EU have done for the past 30-odd years (especially some Tory backbenchers) is . . . well, moan.

Talk about a pot calling a kettle black!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:42 PM

It's ironical that "Remainers" should be dubbed "Remoaners".

All that critics of the EU have done for the past 30-odd years (especially some Tory backbenchers) is . . . well, moan.

Talk about a pot calling a kettle black!

And when it came to putting their vote where their mouths were, these 'brave' leavers, didn't have the cojones and collapsed in a heap on May's deal. Luckily there were sufficient number of of so called 'remoaners' who were able to toss May's 'deal' back into the trash can where it belongs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:48 PM

I wouldn't mind betting that a lot of Brexiteers would secretly like to remain in the EU, if only because it gives them something to moan about.

And what's life without a moan?
You know you have something there, I would rather stay in than be half in half out with no escape. At least if we stay in we can in future trigger article 50 again and this time do it properly by triggering article 24 shortly after. Get out properly without all mess we have now. Just needs a few years a couple of elections and we could do it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And when it came to putting their vote where their mouths were, these 'brave' leavers, didn't have the cojones and collapsed in a heap on May's deal. Luckily there were sufficient number of of so called 'remoaners' who were able to toss May's 'deal' back into the trash can where it belongs.
They predictably I guess voted along party lines and saved their own skins. Sadly I thought some of them had more to them than that. I over estimated their bravery.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You know you have something there, I would rather stay in than be half in half out with no escape. At least if we stay in we can in future trigger article 50 again and this time do it properly by triggering article 24 shortly after. Get out properly without all mess we have now. Just needs a few years a couple of elections and we could do it.
You do know the EU is preparing legislation that a member can invoke article 50 only every 25 years?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 01:52 PM

They predictably I guess voted along party lines and saved their own skins. Sadly I thought some of them had more to them than that. I over estimated their bravery.

Julie darlin', I keep saying this - the vast majority of these gutless 'Leavers' are scumbag 'nasty party' members - which should say all there is needed to say about them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-03-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You do know the EU is preparing legislation that a member can invoke article 50 only every 25 years?
No I didn't but if they do that I think it will hasten their end as if you don't have a proper leave point people will jump ship without it or it might even cause violence. They really do seem to want to do the most anti democratic things and model themselves on despotic rulers who won't give up no matter what.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

30-03-2019, 01:59 PM

No I didn't but if they do that I think it will hasten their end as if you don't have a proper leave point people will jump ship without it or it might even cause violence. They really do seem to want to do the most anti democratic things and model themselves on despotic rulers who won't give up no matter what.

I know some-one who has a T.34 tank with all the ammunition still in the rack and in full working order when it was first found, as too is the gun. I think I might just have to take it for a ride through the tunnel to Bruxelles !!!

Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top