Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 12:37 AM

New Photo Competition... Your thoughts please

Hi
I'm chuffed to bits with the number and standard of all the entries in the current competition. Thank you all for taking part and for voting.

I thought we might do one on a monthly basis, the winner to choose the subject for the next one. What do you think?

The voting was a bit haphazard this time but no matter,we can think about that one for the future.
Cheers
Pete
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 01:11 AM

Re: New Photo Competition... Your thoughts please

Sounds good to me

Think the voting system where people choose 'all' of the ones they like most of all is good too
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 02:54 AM

I didnt actually find the bit to vote with this time, just the bit to post your photos on
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 03:03 AM

Here it is: http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=1892
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 03:50 AM

I like the idea; we do one on Catsey and it's always fun. And I too prefer the multi-choice option; sometimes it's very hard to narrow it down to only one when the entries are so excellent.
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I like the idea; we do one on Catsey and it's always fun. And I too prefer the multi-choice option; sometimes it's very hard to narrow it down to only one when the entries are so excellent.
I was thinking of perhaps three or five votes DM, depending on the number of entries.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 11:37 AM

Thanks, sorry for being dopey, I voted for 3 of them which is a good number
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 12:35 PM

I agree with all (it's nice to be agreeable at this season of the year!)
3 choices if there is a small entry (under 8? under10?)
5 choices if more entries
I think it gives a better chance to allow tiny gradations ... and everybody's entry gets some votes, which is nice
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK

27-12-2009, 12:45 PM

I would have thought that 3 votes for under 10 and five for 10 and above. I will give it a try on the next one, starting soon to see us over the new year if everybody is in agreement
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 01:20 PM

I think the Catsey people might agree that there were good entries for competition titles which were a bit, err, nebulous? ... or vague? Something you could interpret quite widely, which leads to lots of folk thinking they have a pic to fit
Sort of "Maybe that wasn't such a good idea"
or
"What next?"
or
"Interesting place ....."

Maybe ....?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top