Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:55 PM

Re: Bumper Crop.

The village where I used to live also had huge apple crops. They got together and bought a cider press that everyone with excess apples could use.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The village where I used to live also had huge apple crops. They got together and bought a cider press that everyone with excess apples could use.
Great idea!
I'd be right there!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 07:57 AM

I'd be up for that Lindyloo as I like dry cider.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Perhaps you could send a note around the area and suggest you get together to buy a press.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Perhaps you could send a note around the area and suggest you get together to buy a press.
Lindy they were discussing the topic of pressing excess apples to make juice on the radio yesterday.

Many people have invested in presses and run various community schemes to allow others to use them .

If anyone is interested it is worth looking on Google for Community Apple press .

This is an example..

http://www.applecottagecider.co.uk/hire-service.html
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 07:46 PM

Our village has two apple presses,one donated by me as I`m moving. Top tips.

1-Try to do it in a barn or similar enclosed builing

2-If not 1 then an overcast day.

Try pressing apples outside on a warm sunny day and the wasps appear from nowhere hell bent on diving straight into the juice.

This is like mine and it`s lasted years

http://www.worm.co.uk/products/fruit...FfOhtAodpzUAuQ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top