Join for free
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 06:50 PM

February

SOW : lettuce /salads / brussels ( under cover )
PLANT : Garlic / Onion / Ruhbarb

TO DO
Chit potatoes
Dig over area

Brassicas planted from before winter time to look at taking them up

Add extra height to the first raised bed to ward off carrot fly

seek / find source of some muck

Anyone care to expand? That's me limit at he moment LOL
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Re: February

February is better than January, but it's March I'm looking forward to. You know Spring is on the way.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 09:02 PM

Don't have a veggie patch but as soon as the frosts stay away for a while probably begining of March I have a mamoth task of pruning the roses we also have a lot of planting to do and we are having trouble getting muck although the daughter has a horse where she stores it it is like qagmire you would need waders to get to it and a moaning husband if you muck his car up hehe
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 09:33 PM

I just have a tiny back yard veggie plot; nothing to do in February; will start my seeds (tomatoes, chilis, basil) in mid-March indoors. I usually put the onions in when I set out the plants in early May. I might try potatoes in a bag this year .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 01:39 AM

February Yippee I might get to eat my leeks now , they have been frozen in the ground since November ..
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 07:18 AM

Gardening in February the ground's like concrete.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 08:34 AM

Oooh goody some one to remind us what needs doing! I always seem to get it wrong.

I don't know about digging over the garden at the moment, its horribly wet.

Has anyone had any success growing potatoes in containers? I am going to give it a go again this year. If at first and all that
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 01:51 PM

I`d love some `muck`--I had the stone wall at the back of this pile repaired and a 5 bar gate put in so a tractor could back in.

And a few months later they planted a hedgerow between me,the footpath and the field.

I could have it dumped half a mile away but barrowing ten tons(minimum order) is a bit beyond even my keeness!!

Sowing??-I can wait a couple of weeks yet
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Oooh goody some one to remind us what needs doing! I always seem to get it wrong.

I don't know about digging over the garden at the moment, its horribly wet.

Has anyone had any success growing potatoes in containers? I am going to give it a go again this year. If at first and all that
Here's a helpful link about potato growing in containers/bags/straw:http://www.humeseeds.com/potato.htm
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 06:04 PM

green house needs a good sorting, and i shall set my leek seeds

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top