Join for free
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 07:33 PM

Invading Moles

For the last month or so we have been finding molehills in the flower and veg. beds. They seem to have migrated from the fields, probably new tribes looking for territory. Does anyone have this problem and can moles be persuaded to go back into the fields.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Re: Invading Moles

I remember watching a program on TV once which did deal with a mole problem, naturally - but can't remember what they did now sorry hope you get it sorted soon!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Since posting, I have found out about the moles. Apparently they don't do much harm, so I will leave them and just take advantage of the lovely soil they throw up.
If anybody wants a good gardening website - Gardeners Click is an interesting one. You can ask questions and there are some great pictures and topics on it.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 12:59 PM

If you do decide to discourage them I moved mine on by putting Zoflora disinfectant down the hole, they didn't like it and moved into our neighbours garden!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 02:38 PM

and just take advantage of the lovely soil they throw up.

And they do-back in the days of the big country houses the underling garden lads were sent out to collect it.

It was used for many things including `casing` the mushroom beds
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
and just take advantage of the lovely soil they throw up.

And they do-back in the days of the big country houses the underling garden lads were sent out to collect it.

It was used for many things including `casing` the mushroom beds
Thats right "old Git" thats what this "underling gardener" is doing - its lovely soil.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 09:04 AM

If a mole manages to get through our clay soil I'd give it a medal.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top