Join for free
Page 7 of 72 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:57 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I had a dog called Bradford once - it was all brown except for a small white patch.
That had me tittering Judd.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be honest, I have never used a 'park and ride', but now I have my bus pass I might.

Although the bus ride will, presumably, be free with a bus pass, do you have to pay for the car park?
In York it's free to park but a senior flashing a pass just pays a quid for a return trip into York....The park and ride we use is located at MacArthur Glen [A large shopping mall on the outskirts] and sometimes is as far as we get...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
They vary JBR, in Hull we don't pay anything but York and Scarborough we pay I think about half fare. In my own town travel is free but we pay for parking.
Yes, it's the parking charge (if any) I was concerned about. The bus fare doesn't matter if you have a bus pass.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I had a dog called Bradford once - it was all brown except for a small white patch.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Not sure about the parking in York now I used to have a number on my phone back before Apps so when I parked I just punched in a my reg and it registered with the traffic department and came off my credit card easy

But on a weekend we would go into York on our boat moor up at Lendal Bridge then go in that way
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-01-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Not sure about the parking in York now I used to have a number on my phone back before Apps so when I parked I just punched in a my reg and it registered with the traffic department and came off my credit card easy

But on a weekend we would go into York on our boat moor up at Lendal Bridge then go in that way
Refer to post 62 Vanity.....For those landlubbers who don't have a boat..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=Suzuki Sue;1080785]
Originally Posted by Val J ->

Yes i'm a baby i was born in 1955 and aged 62 yrs on 7th april.
That makes you three days older than me, I was born on the 10th (Easter Sunday of course ). As I was coming into the world, Ruth Ellis' lover was leaving it as she shot four bullets into him (the first one missed).

My claim to fame.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Good idea. I wonder whether travelling by river or canal is the future. No traffic jams, no cyclists, no speed cameras and no parking charges (I think).

I suppose that travelling on water would be slower than driving, though. On the other hand, looking at the state of our roads, especially in the rush hours, I'm not so sure.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Your right JBR no parking charges used to take ages to get there and we were only travelling from Nayburn
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-01-2017, 12:57 PM

Your right JBR no parking charges used to take ages to get there and we were only travelling from Nayburn
A more pleasant journey than sitting in traffic jams, though, eh?

Page 7 of 72 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top