Join for free
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Camping and Caravanning

Are there any other hardy souls out there?

We have an old Compass 2 berth caravan that we drag around various parts of the country. The next trip is to The Becton Poacher, Cheshire, in May to meet up with people we have met previously along the way. There are about a dozen of us old age travellers attending.

A lovely quiet weekend to look forward to. Ahem I might have fibbed there a tad. Sorry.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Re: Camping and Caravanning

We don't own a caravan but I love caravan holidays. There is something cosy about a caravan ...... I would choose it rather than a hotel anytime in our country.

Hope you enjoy your trip next month FF.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2011, 05:55 PM

We camp but my back doesnt like it as much as it used to and i've had to start using an inflatable mattress to sleep on! But I love the whole camping thing including the cooking and the lovely evenings with a bottle of beer and the animals and us around a nice fire.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2011, 06:07 PM

We have been avid caravanners since my retirement. There is something comforting about having your own things around you when away from home, and the al fresco cooking and camaraderie are wonderful.

No problems with the inflatable mattress Cassie, whatever works for you, we reinforce the caravan beds with another 4" thick mattress topper!

Enjoy your trip FF, and try not to overdo the amber nectars..
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2011, 06:29 PM

If anyone would like to join us they will be very welcome. We meet on the weekend of the 20th. BBQ and a game of skittles in the pub's ally. Heaven LOL
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Having our first caravan holiday in August with my son and family - looking forward to it. Haven't had a caravan holiday in years.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2011, 09:48 AM

Must admit dont go for caravaning any more but used to go every weekend as a kid.

I am more for the comforts now a days,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2011, 03:21 PM

I have a campervan which for some reason I've never been able to understand tends to irritate the caravaners I come across, they tend to attack me with comments like "Have you booked" and "you're too close you have to move a bit" when you try to ask them what 'a bit' represents in metres (Or even feet and inches) they seem confused.

Oh well I guess I've been unlucky - hope I meet a few more friendly ones in the future.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2011, 02:22 AM

I'll be camping (tent) with my sister and her family again this August. 2 summers ago we went to Algonquin Park to a site with water access only so we loaded the canoe and kayak to paddle our gear across a small lake. Well worth the effort as we had a secluded spot with no neighbours other than the wildlife.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top