Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 11:59 AM

Exercise bikes

Do you own one?

Do you use it regularly?

I've had mine for quite a few years now and must admit I only tend to use it when I need to get in shape for my holidays.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Re: Exercise bikes

No, I don't have a bike, though I have in the past. I don't like cycling very much - I'd rather walk for general fitness.

I do have a Wii, and have just returned to it, after a long break (Achilles problem, brought on, I think, by the 'Step' programme on the Wii - ironic eh? - followed by holidays and more recently sciatica) I was pleased when my physio said I could do some gentle stuff again.
I love the Yoga workouts, which fel like Pilates to me, and the balance exercises. There's no need to go crazy and knock yourself out.
My Wii fit age has risen from 29(!) at best to 50 today. I've got some catching up to do.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 01:47 PM

I tried one a few years ago but got nowhere.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I tried one a few years ago but got nowhere.
good one Nero!

I find it quite difficult to get back into after lapsing for a few months, I go through a pain barrier for the first few days until the old legs start moving freely!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 04:56 PM

I have one and admit I rarely use it. It's just so ........ booooring!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Never had an exercise bike, but had an ordinary bike a good few years ago, used to use it a lot....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 06:48 PM

I've got one and love it!

I go through stages of going on it everyday for up to an hour to totally forgetting it's there. But one thing is for sure - I feel really refreshed afterwards.

What makes it not boring, and actually quite enjoyable for me, is listening to my Sony Walkman - where the sound quality just blows me away... it sounds almost as good as the home studio I had set up... which cost thousands! It really is amazing and I love listening to it and it makes stay longer on the bike too, I've often thought (once my 50 mins are up) 'Oh I'll just let this track finish' then a few minutes later another track I like comes on and I end up staying longer to listen to that too
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-10-2009, 06:56 PM

Up to an hour Azz???

I'm lucky if I can manage 10 minutes!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 07:08 PM

Do you enjoy music? If so I recommend a Sony Walkman!

If you restrict your music listening (with the Walkman) 'just' for on the bike, trust me you'll be on it for ages

Just yesterday I thought I'd get back into it - planned to start with 15 minutes, ended up staying for 40!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 07:33 PM

We have an exercise bike, it's in the shed, I have a treadmill which is in the lounge, I sometimes use it to hang my washing on

I use loud music to get me through housework Azz!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top