Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 04:07 PM

Hobbies

What hobbies or interests to pass time and enjoy do you have? I'm in a Art Group and use all mediums.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Re: Hobbies

I would have love to have a go at art even thought I think I would not be very good .
I don't really have time for hobbies keeping the house in order, cooking for the family, babysitting, gardening and keeping a Mods eye on three sites seems to fill all my time .
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:52 PM

With the change in the weather I am now back into my woodwork hobby. A couple of weeks back my son mentioned that one of my grand daughters had loads of different boxes of Lego. So last week I set about using some of my spare timber to make her a toybox to put all her Lego together.

I wanted to varnish it but was told that she wanted to paint it herself. So I stained it pink now she can add whatever colours she wants to it.

Next week I plan to make a shoe shine box..
Make a few bob at Pitsea station.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:55 PM

Very clever Longfellow.

I knit a lot and sew and embroider I also count our caravan as a hobby I think as caravanning and campervanning have been a big part of our lives.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Very clever Longfellow.

I knit a lot and sew and embroider I also count our caravan as a hobby I think as caravanning and campervanning have been a big part of our lives.
I love caravanning spent quite a few holidays at the Fowlers sites down near Bude . It was good in the old days when I could walk distances. Always wanted to buy a mobile home as well to cruise around the UK and stop whenever the mood felt good. But alas as we grew older our lass lost her adventure and of course my illness became more challenging. Still get the yearnings though..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:19 PM

I've got so many hobbies, very rarely not making something.
Best of all I like to make something out of junk.
Art, knitting, crochet, sewing, making hats, weird Steampunk jewellery and accessories, greeting cards, masks, props for events. etc. etc. Fingers are getting stiff and painful but if I take my time it's not too bad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:24 PM

I did some wood carving courses a few years back. Still got most of my tools out in the shed. I always thought I'd get back to it sometime, but as yet, I haven't done. The main shop where I used to get supplies from has gone too.

I love my animals, that will never change.
I also like gardening, and I enjoy my yoga, plus I've just started a gym twice a week. So that's enough hobbies for now.

Oh, one more I forgot - reading. I can frequently be found with my snout in a book of some sort. I've always read a lot.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:28 PM

Reading, Writing, Dress designing/making, Embroidery, Card Making, Jewellery Designing/making.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Hi

Fishing, in any shape or form.

Tropical Fish, I currently have a 450 litre version of the Great Barrier Reef in the kitchen, complete with corals.

I collect porcelain and cigarette cards.

I frame the cigarette cards and sell them, I have over 300 sets, left to me by family.

Travel was my big thing, watching tigers in the wild.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:54 PM

Had plenty over the years, but the few i used to do until recently have been put on hold and are probably over. So just passive stuff now reading, listening to music and trawling the net.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top