Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Re: General fitness deterioration!

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Yes Maryl she stands on it and gets right inside. She put her head into the washing machine as well and drags all the clothes out - she is a little devil now and into everything - such a little helper - I think I am going to have to give her a job to do - she is very good at emptying bins too. The joys of having a puppy around.
I have the most gorgeous picture of my dog when he was sooo small with his head in the washing machine his little tail wagging. I also have a picture of him emptying litter bins and chewing up the conents. Years later and have a gorgeous picture of my toddler grand-daughter with her head in the washing machine too.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Both grandchildren and pups help keep you fit and young at heart, I think, Cookiecate. Every day now I am getting faster and quicker trying to keep up with my grandchildren and the dog. I forget about the aches and pains until I get to bed - then I take some Ibruprofin before I sleep, which helps me wake up without much stiffness next day and then off I go again. Keep moving, I think that has a lot to do with general fitness. Sit still and I seize up.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 06:59 PM

You are so right, we are trying to get our website up and running and I spend so much time sitting in front of the computer that when I get up it takes ages for me to be able to move as I am as stiff as a board.

I also believe that there is a little bit of mind over matter if you have a mind to do it the pain don't matter.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
You are so right, we are trying to get our website up and running and I spend so much time sitting in front of the computer that when I get up it takes ages for me to be able to move as I am as stiff as a board.

I also believe that there is a little bit of mind over matter if you have a mind to do it the pain don't matter.

I think you are right CC. - except for doing the housework (a thankless task) and then I am always too tired and stiff to want to do get up and do it. I used to be so houseproud, but now the will has got up and gone
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

31-07-2011, 07:40 PM

Good for you, my neighbour is sooooooo houseproud. He rants on and on about what he has done, while we are walking our dogs he makes me tired by telling how he mowed his front lawn then his back lawn then he cleaned and vacuumed the car, then he washed all the windows, then he put a shed up.l................He goes on and on he is 75 and never stops moaning about how much he does and how stiff his joints are but if I suggested he lets it go or gets someone in to help he looks at me as if I am mad and tells me that if he stopped he would die of boredom.

How awful is that...???? I am never bored on as stiff as one.
pamelawhite
New Member!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
pamelawhite is female 

20-09-2011, 03:43 AM

Me too Mollie and Meg. I love doing up houses and have painted more walls than I can remember, but I'm tired of that now. I'm 63 now, but 12 years ago I started doing Pilates (the one exercise program that I really enjoyed) and now I'm a pilates instructor for people over 50. I often wonder that if I didn't teach, if I would continue with any exercise program, so I have to keep teaching, otherwise I think I'd become a slob!!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top