Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:09 PM

Re: Gender Reassignment

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Most right-thinking individuals would probably agree with you but what we have here is the transgender community who will see non-agreement for someone, no matter what age, to be granted treatment as discrimination against their community. Those against carrying out the procedure are publicly vilified on social media platforms and threatened with howling mobs.
Well I do hope cases like this reverse the drive to confuse children with thoughts of gender when they have yet to define their own gender naturally. Children often have no real gender because it's when we hit puberty that the differences show. Brothers and sisters play the same games and you have tomboys etc but when puberty hits that all changes. That's why I think it's appalling that someone in a position of responsibility should be stopping that natural process. I didn't realise that is what they were doing. I don't think many did. It's totally unethical. There are individuals who have fluid gender and for whatever reason the numbers are increasing, but whilst we should be accepting and tolerant of differences caused by we know not what we should not meddle in child development.

It seems every generation is let down by societal engineering. In the case of mine it was the sexual revolution that totally confused kids. I found the sexual imagery of the 70s really frightening and disturbing as a child. I can't be the only one. You got used to it but it does confuse and addle. Luckily when we were growing up nobody was trying to get us to question our gender. That would really cause major trauma IMO. It's tantamount to child abuse on a wide scale and I can imagine that some of our young people will react to this later in life and there will be more legal cases.

Kids should be allowed to be kids and to develop sexuality without constant external pressure. I find it very sad that this is happening and adolescence is being robbed literally.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:19 PM

"That's why I think it's appalling that someone in a position of responsibility should be stopping that natural process. "

That's the point. They may feel they have to carry out any procedures because of the aforementioned pressure from the transgender brigade.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I do hope cases like this reverse the drive to confuse children with thoughts of gender when they have yet to define their own gender naturally. Children often have no real gender because it's when we hit puberty that the differences show. Brothers and sisters play the same games and you have tomboys etc but when puberty hits that all changes. That's why I think it's appalling that someone in a position of responsibility should be stopping that natural process. I didn't realise that is what they were doing. I don't think many did. It's totally unethical. There are individuals who have fluid gender and for whatever reason the numbers are increasing, but whilst we should be accepting and tolerant of differences caused by we know not what we should not meddle in child development.

It seems every generation is let down by societal engineering. In the case of mine it was the sexual revolution that totally confused kids. I found the sexual imagery of the 70s really frightening and disturbing as a child. I can't be the only one. You got used to it but it does confuse and addle. Luckily when we were growing up nobody was trying to get us to question our gender. That would really cause major trauma IMO. It's tantamount to child abuse on a wide scale and I can imagine that some of our young people will react to this later in life and there will be more legal cases.

Kids should be allowed to be kids and to develop sexuality without constant external pressure. I find it very sad that this is happening and adolescence is being robbed literally.
Many in today's society use the laws to get what they want and to get their way, specifically the laws on Equality and Discrimination.

Something that has been documented by the media from time to time is people giving birth and refusing to put the gender of their child on the birth certificate because the parents want to bring the child up as 'gender neutral' and as such allow their child to decide their gender when they grow up and are able to make that decision for themselves. When these parents are pushed as to why they are doing it, they always answer with 'it is our right to bring up our child how we want'.

You give people too many rights and they start abusing those rights and this in my opinion is what has happened with gender,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 02:44 PM

So you say.
You said you would never tell.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You said you would never tell.

You forgot to hide the brown envelope in the cistern of the third cubicle at Leeds Station W.C.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:18 PM

You forgot to hide the brown envelope in the cistern of the third cubicle at Leeds Station W.C.
That's where George Michael got busted, isn't it?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top