Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 10:18 PM

Re: Italy

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I agree

To coin a phrase which I normally hate, we are all in it together, not just Europe but the whole World. No one is special, in fact it has levelled us. Wealth doesn't come into it either.
Well said!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAkHK1VgHvo

EU has no shame.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:59 AM

Once again only one word ..sad.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 09:07 AM

We might be in the same boat soon...scary times for everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 09:28 AM

All shops have been closed for weeks where my brother lives, there is a supermarket that is only allowed to open once a week for a few hours on a Saturday and three people at a time are allowed in.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 09:41 AM

Here is an interesting picture showing how prepared countries in the world are

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	health-security-index.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	12057  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
All shops have been closed for weeks where my brother lives, there is a supermarket that is only allowed to open once a week for a few hours on a Saturday and three people at a time are allowed in.
And yet the virus is rampant... I wonder why? Doubtless when all this is over they will analyse what happened and why some countries were more affected than others.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

I hope your brother is going to he OK Mags, I'm sure he will be.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I hope your brother is going to he OK Mags, I'm sure he will be.
Thanks Bread, we have our fingers crossed that they will be alright, it’s so worrying to hear they have already lost a few friends to the virus.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
suppose they,like every other, country wants us to bail them out so to speak.
Well tough luck we left the EU

Lets just see how good the EU is by helping member countries.

I think it is a case of our country is ok so sort out your own problems. Economic Union?? its a joke
A bit blunt but not the first person to express a similar view ... albeit not on a public forum.

Some were saying ...herd immunity ... was sacrificing the people to protect the mass populace.

Some are saying .... the havoc this is creating socially and the catastrophic world debt and suffering and poverty that will inevitably follow .. for decades? ... will far outstrip the painful cost of the pandemic in human lives.
Brutal, true, but based on the fact that we're an overpopulated world
Covid has claimed :
Cases = 680,000 and rising.
Deaths = 31,905.

Births in the world this year = 37,838,359 ... and rising by the second.
Births Today = 222,427
Deaths this year = 14,743,336 (of which, 31,905 are covid)
https://countrymeters.info/en/World

Would it prove to be less devastating if the younger, general population, who apparently only suffer a mild dose, had all been allowed to run around with light restrictions and kept the economy going, but just cocooned the old and vulnerable.
The billions that are getting spent would easily have protected particular groups.
Will trying to protect the whole world population prove to be so costly it will be unsustainable or blight the future.

I'll probably get shot down for posting this.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top