Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Re: Whilst At The Checkout, Do you Scrutinise The Shopping Of The Person In Front Of You?

I don't often get the chance to stand & look, these days, as the Sainsbury's Checkouts now seem to have a lovely young lady who asks us Oldies if we would like to have our trolley scanned.

I always say Yes and they take you out of the queue and scan the trolley, you're on your way in minutes.

The downside is that they are picking you out because you look old, or incapable, or both!!

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 01:25 PM

Re: Whilst At The Checkout, Do you Scrutinise The Shopping Of The Person In Front Of You?

No. Cos I have a life.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 01:34 PM

No, but everyone looks at mine …..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Come on have you ever looked at someone else’s shopping at the checkout and thought..

I couldn’t eat that.
I bet that lot is going to be expensive?

I wouldn’t have bought those clothes
I wish l had bought that.

Think, What On Earth are they wearing?
Think, theyre a size!
Do you start jigging about if the instore music is good?

Generally think, I hope they won’t start faffing about whilst packing.

Are you guilty of any of those mentioned?
Yes, frequently, Artie.
I like to see what others are buying, it is a bit harder to scrutinize others trolleys now with this distancing though.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No, but my son and apparently his mates used to drop packets of condoms into the shopping baskets of elderly woman when they weren't looking!
Is that supposed to be funny ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Is that supposed to be funny ?
Apparently it is when they see them going through the checkout!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 02:26 PM

Oh yes I do , you can sort of tell what kind of peeps they are by what they buy. Mums always seem to buy lots of crisps,pizzas ,white bread ,cereals ,
fast food to go in mic,
oven chips ,burgers ,fish fingers .lol
Older people more fruit & veg and brown bread .
Whiles away a little time I suppose .
lol
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 03:34 PM

People at the tills with calculators drove me nuts. This one woman kicked up such a fuss when the operator came to a different total, she tore strips off her, calling her every type of idiot. I had to haul her and her trolly into my office and we both used an adding machine to redo the total, we did it twice as it came to the same as the operators total, but the total WAS correct. She paid me and harrumped out the doors, did she apologise....Did she heck.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Come on have you ever looked at someone else’s shopping at the checkout and thought..

I couldn’t eat that.
I bet that lot is going to be expensive?

I wouldn’t have bought those clothes
I wish l had bought that.

Think, What On Earth are they wearing?
Think, theyre a size!
Do you start jigging about if the instore music is good?

Generally think, I hope they won’t start faffing about whilst packing.

Are you guilty of any of those mentioned?
Depends on how long the queue is, have seen something and missed it because it was on the end of aisle, nipped back if got enough time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 06:57 PM

I count the items in the baskets in the 10 items or less aisle, just to make sure no one is trying it on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top