Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:47 AM

Re: Greta Pops up Again.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
So it is OK to attack an autistic child for something she didn't do or say but shocking to point out to a 50 + adult that something that they did write is a lie? Interesting morality tale there. Sheeeeze!
\
Hmm good point Bruise.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 10:01 AM

There are many degrees of autism from low grade where the condition is impossible to even notice in normal circumstances to full blown window licker.

Often autism is accompanied by the condition known as "idiot-savant".
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:11 PM

I think she's been manipulated.
I also think she's made a lot of older people feel uncomfortable which is why they don't like her.
She's also awakened young people into questioning how bad things really are and what they can do to make things better when they are able to take control.

I find her irritating but she's making us all think.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 04:10 PM

Greta speaks the truth even if she irritates people. The only trouble is that what she (and others) want is idealistic and I'm not sure it can ever become a reality. In short, we're all doomed!

The only thing I've felt good about during all this virus business is that it has meant less air pollution from engines and it has very likely been good for the Planet in general.

Yes, the virus has let us see what the results are of easing up on the demands we make on the Planet. It is basically bringing economies down and depriving people of ways to make a living. So much so that governments and people alike are desperate to put things back to how they were.

If we can get back to doing everything that we did in pre-virus times, we will go ahead and gratefully do so. We'll tut and shake our heads at the state of the World but carry on regardless. I don't see a realistic alternative unfortunately.

P.S. I've got some beautifully decorated chopsticks that my brother brought back for me from China. I'm now wondering where I've put them.

Edit: Found 'em. Pretty aren't they? Cloisonné, so Mrs mart says.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 07:40 PM

I like my chopsticks square ...

https://www.pinterest.dk/pin/431712314254819753/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 03:57 AM

Take your pick...

The important thing is the pointiness. The packet of plastic ones is strictly for emergencies only.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020621.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	12767  

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top