Join for free
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 08:08 PM

Hostility on the brexit front

Is it just me ....

With friends & family over on the continent, loved ones.

Whilst on this site we see an increasing number threads seemingly celebrating their ruin?

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 08:27 PM

Re: Hostility on the brexit front

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Is it just me ....

Whilst on this site we see an increasing number threads seemingly celebrating their ruin?

Schadenfreude, they call it. Taking pleasure in other's pain. Just a distraction from the total apocalyptic mess this country is getting into and trying to avert blame.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 09:04 PM

Is it just me ....

There's a huge frustration, Dood, which has been growing over nearly 4 years since the UK Majority voted to leave the EU.

In my opinion, that frustration has not been aimed at the people of the European Countries. Most of us have strong friends there, many are descended from there.

However, the belief has been growing, year on year, that the EU, helped by many of the people who voted against, will do just about anything to stop that vote to leave from being carried out.

When people are continually frustrated there is always going to be animosity, in my opinion, and that will not stop until the UK is out.

I prophesy that our relationships will improve PDQ after that.

It needs to be done soon.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 11:14 PM

I like Europeans, hope we maintain tgood relations but the EU is just a money-wasting shambles of a bureaucracy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Schadenfreude, they call it. Taking pleasure in other's pain. Just a distraction from the total apocalyptic mess this country is getting into and trying to avert blame.
Schadenfreude ...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

29-05-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There's a huge frustration, Dood, which has been growing over nearly 4 years since the UK Majority voted to leave the EU.

In my opinion, that frustration has not been aimed at the people of the European Countries. Most of us have strong friends there, many are descended from there.

However, the belief has been growing, year on year, that the EU, helped by many of the people who voted against, will do just about anything to stop that vote to leave from being carried out.

When people are continually frustrated there is always going to be animosity, in my opinion, and that will not stop until the UK is out.

I wonder how they'll relieve their frustrations when it's all over, if it's ever over.

The vast majority of level-headed folk couldn't give a toss about the EU, it makes no difference to our lives whether we're in or out. It's for those armchair warriors who like reading what the Daily Express etc has to say. They're winding themselves up.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Ditto Ted!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 09:54 AM

I wonder how they'll relieve their frustrations when it's all over, if it's ever over.

The vast majority of level-headed folk couldn't give a toss about the EU, it makes no difference to our lives whether we're in or out. It's for those armchair warriors who like reading what the Daily Express etc has to say. They're winding themselves up.
Do you really believe that it makes no difference if we are in or out
dOod??
You are definitely right that a large number of brits dont give a toss!
That probably accounts for what has happened to uk in the last
50yrs??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 10:44 AM

Oh dear, we are in danger of going over the same old ground, and re - running the Referendum campaign

It was, and is, the Remainers that tried to portray Leavers as xenophobes, fascists, and all the rest of it
Leavers had to point out that the UK was, is, and always will be a European country. We are quite happy to trade, visit, and so on, and have no argument with the people of European countries
However, as we had to constantly point out, we do wish to leave The European Union

Any annoyance is borne out of the frustration that despite being told that the EU Referendum was to be a simple, once only vote, and that 'the Government will implement what you decide', now, some 4 years later we still have not properly left, and are still in this sort of no man's land where no - one really knows what's happening

The anger and annoyance is directed at the treacherous MPs and others who have done everything they can think of to subvert or reverse a straightforward democratic decision

And even at this late stage they are trying to cling on to EU Membership for another two years
Do they think we're stupid?
We know that what they're really hoping for is that somehow during that extension they can find a way of making the situation permanent

No wonder people are annoyed and angry
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 11:38 AM

I have nothing against most Europeans personally. For me it's all about the fact that we have enough of our own. Incompetent, Self Entitled, Self Serving Politicians. It sticks in the throat that we have to pay dearly, for another tier of Government doing it all again in Europe.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top