Join for free
Page 67 of 72 « First < 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Some of you may have heard of Burns' Address to a Haggis.

Well here's the Yorkshire equivalent which really ought to be better known, at least within the bounds of God's County.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	10541  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Some of you may have heard of Burns' Address to a Haggis.

Well here's the Yorkshire equivalent which really ought to be better known, at least within the bounds of God's County.
That's great JB, is that how you speak as well?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's great JB, is that how you speak as well?
Oh, I only speak when I'm spoken to!

I do what Marge tells me!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I only speak when I'm spoken to!

I do what Marge tells me!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
This is widely acknowledged as God's Own County
Nah. That's Scotland.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:11 AM

Aye ....never a truer word
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-08-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Nah. That's Scotland.
Scotland is a county?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 11:54 AM

Just re-entering this thread after an absence of over a year.

I was thinking the other day that there are so many places in my native Yorkshire that I've never even been to.
I've visited most places on the coast from the Humber to Whitby but inland it's been only the local areas apart from odd visits to Leeds, York or Sheffield.
I've never been to Huddersfield, Chesterfield, Bradford, Harrogate or Halifax. In fact, I haven't even travelled the U.K. that much either apart from some weekends away.

On another note (without mentioning names), there are some members who are not in here anymore. JBR, you seem to be the one driving the thread. Good on yer bud, I'll try to keep posting.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I was thinking the other day that there are so many places in my native Yorkshire that I've never even been to.
I've visited most places on the coast from the Humber to Whitby but inland it's been only the local areas apart from odd visits to Leeds, York or Sheffield.
I've never been to Huddersfield, Chesterfield, Bradford, Harrogate or Halifax. In fact, I haven't even travelled the U.K. that much either apart from some weekends away.

On another note (without mentioning names), there are some members who are not in here anymore. JBR, you seem to be the one driving the thread. Good on yer bud, I'll try to keep posting.
I don't post that much here really, but I try!

Re. your places to visit, I'd certainly give Bradford a miss! Like Londonistan, it is now a different country.

There are many towns and villages in the Dales and the North York Moors worth a visit, of course. Selby used to be nice but it has gone downhill now.
Have a look through this:
https://www.yorkshire.com/places
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

you aren't missing anything with Bradford, don't bother mate

Page 67 of 72 « First < 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top