Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:44 AM

Re: Will UK collapse before Brexit?

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Nice to know that there are some very pleasant people on this forum.
We like to make you feel welcome.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Britain collapsed politically a while ago, just after the Brexit vote in fact when certain MPs and their cronies decided that democracy was not for them.

That Jo Swinson creature for instance who calls the referendum 'the undemocratic vote' and vows to reverse Brexit, even if people voted to leave for a second time. She should be stripped naked and hung upside down from Tower Bridge with a bag of bird seed lodged up her bum crack.
Can I suggest that you don't make use of Tower Bridge, in this way, as it would slow down traffic (especially MPs rushing back to HOP).

Surely a French, or German Bridge would be more suitable?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Can I suggest that you don't make use of Tower Bridge, in this way, as it would slow down traffic (especially MPs rushing back to HOP).

Surely a French, or German Bridge would be more suitable?
Hey hey, yes OK and we'll use oiseau food.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hey hey, yes OK and we'll use oiseau food.
What is oiseau LD?, My vocabulary does'nt contain that one?
On a different tack, looks as if an election is definitely going
to take place judging by the flurry of talking heads and
long speeches currently being paraded before us on our
TV programnes, with remainer chiefs being the vast majority!
Even Tony Bliar had a long session to himself!
I found myself having to switch everything off as l have
heard all this shyte many times before!
All this because the people disagreed with most of
parliament? I think the acronym POSHOC is very apt!
Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What is oiseau LD?, My vocabulary does'nt contain that one?
On a different tack, looks as if an election is definitely going
to take place judging by the flurry of talking heads and
long speeches currently being paraded before us on our
TV programnes, with remainer chiefs being the vast majority!
Even Tony Bliar had a long session to himself!
I found myself having to switch everything off as l have
heard all this shyte many times before!
All this because the people disagreed with most of
parliament? I think the acronym POSHOC is very apt!
Regards Donkeyman!
Oiseau is French for bird.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Oiseau is French for bird.
What any old bird, or a specific bird?
Thanks for adding to my education Todgy!

Regards Donkeyman!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 02:24 PM

I think sadly we will see our politics collapse over all this because things have been said can never be unsaid. Even in this thread threats against a woman who we may disagree with but doesn't deserve that. We need reasonable people who can talk about problems and come to some sort of reasoned answer to questions. Not hot heads only think about their own jobs and power. Not career politicians know nothing about living in the real world where we don't all have the best of everything. People who have to live on benefit or low wages before they can make decisions on those things.
We also really urgently need a Betty Booth type speaker who no matter what their opinions are fair and keep order with no favours.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

02-09-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think sadly we will see our politics collapse over all this because things have been said can never be unsaid. Even in this thread threats against a woman who we may disagree with but doesn't deserve that. We need reasonable people who can talk about problems and come to some sort of reasoned answer to questions. Not hot heads only think about their own jobs and power. Not career politicians know nothing about living in the real world where we don't all have the best of everything. People who have to live on benefit or low wages before they can make decisions on those things.
We also really urgently need a Betty Booth type speaker who no matter what their opinions are fair and keep order with no favours.
I agree Julie, but none of that can take place untill the
present POSHOC is removed, and sufficient people can be
found to replace them?
There is much to do, much to change, l think we should use
Brexit as an opportunity to start this?
Regards Donkeyman!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 09:28 AM

What a complete and utter shambles the whole brexit business is.
Three years ago the majority voted to leave the EU. Now we have MPs saying No, we do not want to leave. Democracy? That means nothing today.
If leaving would be the disaster MPs tell us it will be, why did they give us a choice in the first place?
How will it be a bigger disaster than the one we faced during WW2. Millions of tons of vital supplies being sent to the bottom of the ocean by Hitler,s U-Boats Nothing whatsoever coming from Europe as the whole continent was in enemy hands. We knuckled down and made do so we can and will do the same again if this theoretic disaster should ever materialise.
IMO MPs are more interested in how it will effect them personally and have no feelings for their constituents whatsoever.
Rant over!! Have a nice day.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

03-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
What a complete and utter shambles the whole brexit business is.
Three years ago the majority voted to leave the EU. Now we have MPs saying No, we do not want to leave. Democracy? That means nothing today.
If leaving would be the disaster MPs tell us it will be, why did they give us a choice in the first place?
How will it be a bigger disaster than the one we faced during WW2. Millions of tons of vital supplies being sent to the bottom of the ocean by Hitler,s U-Boats Nothing whatsoever coming from Europe as the whole continent was in enemy hands. We knuckled down and made do so we can and will do the same again if this theoretic disaster should ever materialise.
IMO MPs are more interested in how it will effect them personally and have no feelings for their constituents whatsoever.
Rant over!! Have a nice day.
Nice one BB, seems everybody is worried about tomatoes,
and disprins and holidays?? PAH!!
All l see on TV is shrill women shouting over each other!
I think it is all orchestrated to confuse and worry the voters!
Bring on the election with mandatory voting!
If all people vote there can be no arguments later! Maybe some
factions would not like this, for obvious reasons, but it should
settle it once and for all!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top