Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 08:03 AM

Re: Angry about hedges!

Woohoo! I woke up from my nap yesterday afternoon and found a 3' gap at the top of my fence! Someone had cut down the elder tree, jasmine, ivy and brambles there!
It had been raining most of the day so I wasn't expecting anything!

I now see that there's a shed in the way on the left so I'm wondering if they'll come round to cut it my side. Hopefully they'll continue with the rest if it stays fine, if cloudy today!

You wouldn't believe the difference it's made even just that one bit so far! I cut off some brambles and jasmine on Friday that were 4' - 6' long, hanging down so I could reach them.

It's given me new enthusiasm to move plants to where they should be and sort everything out. I grew so many plants in the greenhouse over lockdown which need planting out.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 08:18 AM

Pleased you got it sorted....it will be lighter too
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Woohoo! I woke up from my nap yesterday afternoon and found a 3' gap at the top of my fence! Someone had cut down the elder tree, jasmine, ivy and brambles there!
It had been raining most of the day so I wasn't expecting anything!

I now see that there's a shed in the way on the left so I'm wondering if they'll come round to cut it my side. Hopefully they'll continue with the rest if it stays fine, if cloudy today!

You wouldn't believe the difference it's made even just that one bit so far! I cut off some brambles and jasmine on Friday that were 4' - 6' long, hanging down so I could reach them.

It's given me new enthusiasm to move plants to where they should be and sort everything out. I grew so many plants in the greenhouse over lockdown which need planting out.

Really pleased for you Tess.

Now could you come over and sort my neighbours out for me next please, cos you're the expert now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 12:41 PM

Hmmm! The gap is still the same size! They haven't done any more!
More jasmine and brambles are 6' long now but I can at least reach them to cut a bit off. The large blob of ivy is now overhanging nearly 6' over my shed. Hopefully the wind will bring it down !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 12:50 PM

If the wind brings it down make sure it goes back over their fence !
Glad there is some movement at least
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-08-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If the wind brings it down make sure it goes back over their fence !
Glad there is some movement at least
It will Muddy! Even if I have to build a catapult!
If nothing else happens I'll get onto the council again.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

26-08-2020, 10:24 AM

Oooo! There's a bald head appearing above my fence and the gap is getting wider!

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top