Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:21 PM

Potato, Cheese and Bacon Slice.

Morning all, He who must obey had a day’s holiday yesterday so thought I would push the boat out and do his favourite breakfast containing his all time favourite ingredient - potatoes. I did extra for dinner the previous evening knowing I was going to cook this breakfast for him. It’s so easy, takes hardly any time to cook and I promise you, there won’t be anything left on the plate! It’s basically a Tortilla type dish and honestly, it is the perfect brekkie for a nice change from normal Bacon and Eggs.
If I can do it, it has to be easy!!!!!

If you want you can prepare it the night before and keep covered in the fridge. (I just let the potatoes go cold and put them in a dish in the fridge overnight).

If you to try this dish for Lunch instead of Breakfast, (or you may like these for breakfast as well), try adding 4 or 5 chopped spring onions to the mix which I did once and we had it with a buttered crusty roll. Delicious, but he who must obey loves this for breakfast, served with baked beans.

All you need are your frying pan and grill.

Cheese, Bacon and Potato Slice.

2 medium to large potatoes - peeled and quartered
225 grams of cubed bacon (or ham if you prefer) I just sliced 3 rashers into 1in slices.
25 grams of butter
4 or 5 chopped spring onions if you wish to add them (makes it extra yum must admit)
6 eggs
100 grams of cheddar cheese (I used mature)
Salt and Pepper.

Boil potatoes as normal for 20-25 minutes until soft, drain and then leave cool for a few minutes before cutting into cubes. (again, he prefers them thickly sliced rather than cubed)

Heat a medium sized frying pan and fry the bacon until golden, then drain off any excess fat, add the butter then the sliced potatoes, (and half of the spring onions if using) and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat. Whilst you are doing this, preheat your grill, crack your eggs into a bowl and add half of the cheddar cheese and salt and pepper.

Beat your eggs and just half of the cheddar cheese. Add your salt and pepper and then pour this mixture over the bacon and potatoes in the frying pan, stir gently for a few minutes allowing the mixture to set slightly but leaving a moist surface.

Remove pan from stove top and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese (and remaining chopped spring onion if using) and just place the frying pan under the grill and warm until the top has set and the cheese has all melted.

Cut into wedges and serve with baked beans. Yum ! Enjoy.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:25 PM

Re: Potato, Cheese and Bacon Slice.

!!!!Six eggs!!!!! OMG
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:38 PM

sorry forgot to add photo. here it is.......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gary-Rhodes-Frittata.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	2207  
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:41 PM

I do this all the time Shropshire its lovely and filling too I like getting a nice golden crispy top to it
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-10-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
!!!!Six eggs!!!!! OMG
LOL, I don't mean to eat it all at one sitting if there are only one or two persons Malcolm. Remaining portion can be eaten later in day for lunch or supper. I wouldn't personally keep it longer than the day it is made though.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:48 PM

It's called Tortilla in Spain ... You can add stuff like peppers and onions and garlic and stuff.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I do this all the time Shropshire its lovely and filling too I like getting a nice golden crispy top to it
Me too Aysa, but I didn't put it in the recipe as I don't think Gary Rhodes would approve as this was where I originally got the recipe from. I absolutely love it but it is made very far and few between cos he who must obey goes out to work at 6.30 am every morning and just about manages a slice of toast if I insist he eats something. That's why if I manage to find a quick, easy, simple breakfast recipe and he is not working that day I enjoy the fact that he is eating a good hearty breakfast. (and if he polished it off it wouldn't bother me in the least!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:49 PM

I often do this for packed lunches for school it makes a nice change from a sandwich, it's really nice without the bacon but with mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes too.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-10-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It's called Tortilla in Spain ... You can add stuff like peppers and onions and garlic and stuff.
I wish I knew the difference between Tortilla and Frittata!! I'm sure Gary Rhodes called this a Frittata.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I wish I knew the difference between Tortilla and Frittata!! I'm sure Gary Rhodes called this a Frittata.
We call it frittata too I'm not sure what a tortilla difference it makes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top