Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:52 PM

Re: 11th November

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Indeed, Illiberals like Solasch are demanding we stop teaching children about WW1 and WW2.......

I say it should be compulsory, front and centre........The true horror , the waste, the sacrifice, the tragedy and the lessons learned.

Lest we Forget!!

We will NEVER forget. And all of Europe should be our Allies in never forgetting!
Certain European countries would much rather forget all about it!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Certain European countries would much rather forget all about it!
Name one european country where you find no war memorial.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:23 PM

I've just come across this poem.

I think the 'white poppy brigade' might do well to read it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	11065  
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 10:13 PM

I think all the politicians (and others) dutifully wearing their poppies and pretending to remember our fallen heroes who defended our country from attacks by foreign powers all those years ago, should consider whether they are not being rather disingenuous in wanting to hand over our country to a foreign power tomorrow.
Well put JBR: their a bunch of spineless liars
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 10:17 PM

That is very moving, JBR, thank you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 10:17 PM

Very touching, JB....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is very moving, JBR, thank you.
Just yesterday my wife told me see sees war coming again. She sees similarities with the situation pre-WW2. Recognize that?
The last lines of the poem suggest it too.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just yesterday my wife told me see sees war coming again. She sees similarities with the situation pre-WW2. Recognize that?
The last lines of the poem suggest it too.
If war does come again, you're going to rely on the UK and NATO allies to defend you, for the third time !

Just remember, last time you were invaded, your Dutch army didn't even get through the first day without surrendering and giving up

I suggest you pay up on your NATO contributions and stop leaving it to the UK and the USA to pay your share.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-11-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If war does come again, you're going to rely on the UK and NATO allies to defend you, for the third time !

Just remember, last time you were invaded, your Dutch army didn't even get through the first day without surrendering and giving up

I suggest you pay up on your NATO contributions and stop leaving it to the UK and the USA to pay your share.
Better still, leave the EU and discontinue EU membership of NATO. Most of them don't contribute the agree amounts anyway and on top of that they are insisting that their much vaunted EU Army will take over.

Let the EU countries look after themselves for once. We can remain allies with the US and Canada in NATO and probably also also English-speaking countries such as Australia and New Zealand.

I'm reminded of the world map in the 1984 book: Oceania and Eurasia. As Churchill once said, we look towards the sea in preference to Europe.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Better still, leave the EU and discontinue EU membership of NATO. Most of them don't contribute the agree amounts anyway and on top of that they are insisting that their much vaunted EU Army will take over.

Let the EU countries look after themselves for once. We can remain allies with the US and Canada in NATO and probably also also English-speaking countries such as Australia and New Zealand.

I'm reminded of the world map in the 1984 book: Oceania and Eurasia. As Churchill once said, we look towards the sea in preference to Europe.
Oh dear, the EU army is turning into a bit of a disaster before it even starts

Macrons statement about "Brain dead NATO" didn't go down too well with his German Master. It seems I was right about the divisions on bringing about the "Dads Army of Bankrupt Countries" and their out-dated military bric-a-brac.

So far all they have agreed on is a new emblem for this farce.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-european-army

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top