Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:09 PM

Re: Angry about hedges!

Right, this is from one side, not all of it just one corner,I've been putting rubbish there as I'm getting ready to plant a wildflower lawn when I get some help.

This is back fence bordering private house

Bamboo nextdoor other side:
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:35 PM

Cut as much as you can from all sides and throw it back over the relevant fences. If you have a ladder then better still. I don't see anythig there which cannot be cut using a pair of garden shears.

Alternatively, hire a long reach hedge cutter. Will take about twenty minutes to do that lot.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Cut as much as you can from all sides and throw it back over the relevant fences. If you have a ladder then better still. I don't see anythig there which cannot be cut using a pair of garden shears.

Alternatively, hire a long reach hedge cutter. Will take about twenty minutes to do that lot.
Think that the law is that you are allowed to trim any overhanging stuff on your side of the boundary, but should ask the plant owners if they want the offcuts. Slinging it over the fence is not really a great idea.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:57 PM

If I could I would, arthritis etc. won't let me. I couldn't climb a ladder if I wanted to.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If I could I would, arthritis etc. won't let me. I couldn't climb a ladder if I wanted to.
Unfortunately it looks like you'll just have to wait until some family and friends are able to come round and help, unless there are any local voluntary groups?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 06:27 PM

As for help locally
The HA doesn’t sound very helpful at all !
It’s not fair you should have all this work .
You neighbours sound like jerks of the first water .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-07-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As for help locally
The HA doesn’t sound very helpful at all !
It’s not fair you should have all this work .
You neighbours sound like jerks of the first water .
I think the young couple on one side have disabilities, he seems very quiet and doesn't always talk. The bamboo people are plain weird, I've nicknamed them Mopey and Dick, she's very narcissistic and talks like a slow version of that politics bloke, thingamybob Peston. At the back, I've heard an eldery posh lady, can't see her for ivy. She gets her grass mowed, I tried yelling through the hedge to get attention but no luck. I don't want to go around there in case I get the wrong house or she gives me a virus!
Whatever happens I'll have to pay I expect.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-07-2020, 06:44 PM

I will ask on the local Corona help page, I think people volunteer on there. I don't mind paying if it gets my garden in a state I can manage.
You never know there might be a kind bearded gent out there!
Thanks for listening to my moan!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Kerosene
Did a hole on your side put in a bit of tube or pipe .
Cover top of pipe with a flower pot or something innocent looking
Keep pouring in the kerosene until the blasted bamboos die .

Haha I was just about to suggest weedkiller!
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Think that the law is that you are allowed to trim any overhanging stuff on your side of the boundary, but should ask the plant owners if they want the offcuts. Slinging it over the fence is not really a great idea.
The overhanging foilage belongs to her neighbours. Strictly speaking she is not allowed to keep/dispose of any hanging branches. She is quite within the law to do as I suggest. She has already approached neighbour's about her concerns. They have chosen to turn a blind eye. What, exactly, is she expected to do?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top