Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 06:25 AM

Re: Online Surveys - paid

Beware, be warned...

daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 07:03 AM

Lol, just as well I live in UK then. Besides, they might have the info, but it is up to the individual whether or not they respond to offers etc. and I am deeply suspicious by nature. To be honest I react with amazement and a great belly laugh when I read, for instance, of people being scammed. Only recently on our news there was a story of a woman who had received one of those 'you have just won X amount' announcements which came with some sort of little catalogue of goods a selection of which had to be purchased in order to qualify. I mean 'duh?' How can anyone believe they have randomly been selected to win a big cash prize in some competition they did not enter? And even dumber, how do they believe that in order to claim this random prize, they have to buy something? She actually bought stuff from this booklet over two ruddy years before 'wondering' when she would get her 'prize'.

Besides, I checked and Nielson is a genuine research company. But thanks for the laugh.

PS isn't that what 'cookies' do? And Amazon too, they now send me e-mails with offers on stuff similar to previous purchases, but it is up to me whether or not I buy.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Try googling your name, you'll be surprised at what turns up.
I googled ny name & nothing came up about me but I couldn't beeleeeve how many people shared my name from Canada, US & UK! It was eerie
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

01-12-2014, 08:03 PM

There is one that I have stayed with that does pay-out. Its called ipoll; it used to be called Surveryhead. The minimum threshold for pay-out is $25. You sure can't make a living, but its a little extra cash. Since I don't do a lot of shopping, it takes me a while to earn it. I have a pay-pal account so none of my bank account info is available.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

01-12-2014, 08:12 PM

@Bruce...very good video. I guess when I'm shopping the second-hand shops and paying cash, they can't track me, lol.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Most, if not all, of these online surveys are con jobs ain't they? Probably all your details are passed on to telephone sales people so you end up getting bombarded with nuisance calls.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top