Join for free
Page 224 of 370 « First < 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 04:24 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Good points and good workouts all! I've barely walked through the door, to check through the thread to see what everyone was up to today.

I managed a whopping four miles before all those grownup responsibilities took hold of the day.

Play will have to wait another day!

You know that's what we are, right? Just big kids who still like to go outside to play .

Anyone wanna race?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 08:22 AM

Surfermom I'll race you!
But not today... I'm back in my cosy dressing gown nursing a vile throat and no voice (known to the family as mum's christnas throat ) it's very quiet here!!
I'm about to cancel several social appointments, and I don't care one bit!

So keep going all you lovely fit active folk. I'll be there with you soon when I'm back together and fully recovered
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good points and good workouts all! I've barely walked through the door, to check through the thread to see what everyone was up to today.

I managed a whopping four miles before all those grownup responsibilities took hold of the day.

Play will have to wait another day!

You know that's what we are, right? Just big kids who still like to go outside to play .

Anyone wanna race?
I disagree Surfermom........ it's not play, it's a way of life and for some a necessary activity to ensure your body works to the optimum.....
It's all about priorities.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Awww, Ruthio, so sorry that your throat has taken your voice off to some sunnier climate. Laryngitis is one thing, but a sore throat is something else. Just put your feet up and let me know where to send these to help steel yourself for all the Christmas festivities :

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I disagree Surfermom........ it's not play, it's a way of life and for some a necessary activity to ensure your body works to the optimum.....
It's all about priorities.....
Ok, ok.....point taken. In fact I should take your premise literally enough to start scheduling in a few more tropical vacations every year - vitamin D for bone health and all that . I think I will print it out and try to pass if off as a note from my doctor.

It's cloudy here with a chance of meatballs. Oops, sorry, that's the book. It's just cloudy, but the radar is showing a rainy cold front marching this way, so I am off for a midmorning run to train for my race with Ruthio.

Now, go play! I mean, go do something necessary!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:42 PM

It's brilliant looking in here, there's always something interesting going on. Everybody's keeping in trim where possible and when we can

I've had a very stressful afternoon fighting through traffic to sort out Christmas flowers and plants for my parents' headstones, which do look very nice and I'm sure Mum + Dad are looking down at them impressed with my flower arranging display.

I did have planned a gym session but it got to 3.30pm and my afternoon by that time is all but over. Tomorrow I definitely must catch up with everything left I need to do before Christmas; wrap the rest of my presents, vacuum the house through and do my bloody ironing. I won't have time for all that not to mention even contemplating a gym session. Having no time drives me nuts I can tell you

And with this conundrum in place, my envisaged routine will have to shifted around to suit time constraints. But I am solidly determined to do every session as planned, they will appear in a different order that's all. Oh those bloody night shifts! Two days and I'm away from that nightmare place for twelve whole blissful nights
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Yes Floydy, it's good to see everyone writing on the same page (so to speak) in this thread....

There are two words that should not appear in the same sentence:- Fun and Run... Some of the descriptive words I think should be associated with running are:- Stimulating, refreshing, satisfying, invigorating and rewarding, to name but a few....Then you could have:- Cold, tired, struggling, muddy, wet,slow and depressing!

Fortunately, this mornings run contained none of the second lot...

Perhaps 'Cold' just for the first mile, but once I was warmed up I kicked sand in the faces of all those dejected motorists staring back at me while listening to christmas records on the radio and queueing for the roundabout on their way to work....
And what a long que it was this morning.....I bet I was home after my five mile run before most of them arrived at work....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

21-12-2018, 06:55 AM

Holy cow, OGF, you need to take a spin up and down my beach on a sunny, cloudless day when the dolphins are jumping, the kids are playing on the water's aquamarine edge, and the sand is hard-packed and level! That, my good friend, is fun in every sense of the word....or maybe I'm just not running hard/fast/long enough?

Floydy, congratulations on your almost break. I know you have been looking forward to this so you can head to the gym once you get past all that domesticity!

Fog had filled in the morning, the way the storms had reigned through the night. Though every surface seemed to weep with tiny beads of condensation, I was delighted with the backdrop for the days run and felt the thrill of feeling lost in otherwise familiar territory. With heightened senses and the only sound of my feet on the track, off I went, barely able to see more than a quarter of the track ahead. Feet and breath in steady synchronization, I settled into a healthy pace and before I knew it, I had run a very solid and easy six miles.

Though I wouldn't call it fun...I would definitely put it into the category of "satisfying".

The weather service is warning of near tropical force winds and ice cold rain through the day tomorrow. It might be a good day to wrap presents or....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Running for ten hours on a lonely windswepped and featureless moor is where most of Yorkshires ultra runners are born....Or crunching through snow on the high fells of the Pennines wearing nothing but shorts and Helly Hanson! Stumbling over tussocks and rocks in a death defying descent of some deserted rock strewn three thousand footer.....Mention 'Fun' to any of those lads, and lasses, and you'd most likely be getting the drinks in at the first pub you happened on....That's if you could remove the shorts off your head....

Anyway, beaches abound, I suffered none of the above on this morning's five mile extravaganza, but my heart did sink a bit as I left the warmth and comfort of my bed and peered out into a rainsoaked world.....The shortest day was taking no prisoners, and even at seven fifteen it was still pitch dark....No! not fun...

Off I sped splashing through puddles and trying to avoid heaps of soggy leaves (and that was just on the drive!) Abandon all hope of keeping my shoes clean and dry as I squelched along the side of the field, I could only just make out the gap between the houses where I was supposed to come out onto the road.

I plopped through the woods, avoided some speeding cars and pulled myself together for the mile or two alongside the queueing traffic. Didn't I see you yesterday?....Yep!

It was just breaking daylight as I joined the lane for the last muddy mile and a half and was surprised by the amount of dog walkers that had turned out this morning, I was even more surprised when two Yorky terriers gave chase..... The only thing louder than the barking was their owners firm words of discipline....It didn't do any good, I had to outrun them.....Yes! I forgot.....Fun!

So I arrived home in a decent time thanks to the yorkies, and to Mrs Fox who was late for her dental appointment....So in soaking wet kit, and no chance of breakfast for a couple of hours I provided the appropriate transport...And as I sat outside the dentist listening to christmas records on the radio I realised, how much fun was that....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

22-12-2018, 12:59 AM

Hahaha, what a great post, OGF! I shall hold my adjective and adverbs to my chest when encountering the more Spartan athletes and describing my outings.

The wind and rain followed the directions of the meteorologists and showed up right on time, as if to know my running schedule to the minute. No matter, I fired up the treadmill for the first time since last winter and put it too the test. Six miles. The downside? No breeze. It was a cooker.

Happy Friday!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

22-12-2018, 10:23 PM

The calendar reads Winter but by the looks of things this far south, it's a perfect Autumn day. Leaves aflame with color flutter with the breezes that pepper the ground with acorns. It was a productive year for the oaks this year, making for fat and happy squirrels.

It's a gorgeous outdoors (finally) and we are just back from running but those aforementioned acorns gave me a bit of a challenge today. While sometimes crunching under my feet, those little spheres mostly made it like skating over marbles. One moment I would be speeding (a relative term), and then suddenly I'd find myself rolling forward as if on ice, flailing my arms over my head to regain balance and then recovering my feet and pride to continue.

Ah to have been a person with an camera behind me. I am sure I made for pure entertainment.

Five miles later my pride is grumpy, my disposition happy, and my bones are mercifully unbroken.

Acorns or ice? I think I'd better stop complaining

Happy Autumn!

Page 224 of 370 « First < 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top