Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 09:52 PM

Re: cruises now paid for

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
Back in 2000 we booked our first-ever cruise (to celebrate our silver wedding) on the lovely 'Oriana'. It was supposed to be a one-off, once-in-a-lifetime trip (honest it was!) but we loved the whole experience so much that we've now racked up 22 cruises.
Pretty much with you there except I started around 2004 and racked up about 26 cruises since. Oriana is a lovely ship but old and has always had "problems". Oriana fans call them "character" lols. One of the propeller axels has always been bad and as a result the whole rear restaurant vibrates and shakes pretty badly. Had the very rear table at the back once and with the prop shake and in bad weather it was quite horrible TBH. The ship also sails like a cow for some reason. The hull design means that when waves hit her at certain angles she rocks and rolls fairly badly. Surprisingly her sister ship Aurora sails far far better and attracts overall a more glam and glitzy demographic imo. Not much between them though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:01 PM

Just as this rock and roll evening finished the ship when turning listed considerably to one side as the wind caught it,I had only just stopped this video.
That lot below panicked a bit and started rushing towards the life boats, silly billies it was not that bad except the piano fell off the dias. in the corridor on on side was a purfume shop andthe other one selling beer and spirits. Yes the whole lot crashed to the ground and into the corridor, A really strange smell of purfumed booze arose. Sue my wife was asleep in the cabin and missed everything
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Don't feel inferior Mups ... I haven't even got a dinghy ... nor a garage !!!

Aah, you're so kind Myrtle.
I shall take you for a picnic and a paddle round the lake next summer.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aah, you're so kind Myrtle.
I shall take you for a picnic and a paddle round the lake next summer.
Awwww thanks Mups ... Something to look forward to
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 02:26 AM

And people have such individual phobias. I have a friend who will go on any number of river cruises because she says she could swim to the shore if it sank but won't go on a cruise ship but flies to get to the river cruises. It makes no sense to me.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 01:12 AM

Just been checking on prices for the cruise we are on this year. Booking direct with Royal Caribbean we pay £1200+ less than booking with the TV travel agent on the travel channel. That is for exactly the same cruise to the same places on the same ship and the same date and same cabin.

Just goes to show the markup travel agents put on prices and well worth making an early booking
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 07:25 AM

I've paid for my next river cruise too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just been checking on prices for the cruise we are on this year. Booking direct with Royal Caribbean we pay £1200+ less than booking with the TV travel agent on the travel channel. That is for exactly the same cruise to the same places on the same ship and the same date and same cabin.

Just goes to show the markup travel agents put on prices and well worth making an early booking
Thanks for that realspeed, we usually book through Thomas Cook, it might be worth checking with P&O first and compare prices.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-01-2016, 11:50 PM

Our Caribbean cruise in 2017 .

Thank goodness we booked when we did, the cabins with balconies are all sold as far as I can tell
No doubt other cabins still available but departures are now only from Manchester or Birmingham airport. The flights from Gatwick appear to all be sold out where we are flying from. Just goes to show how popular cruising now is and how early one has to book to get the flight and cabin wanted
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-01-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Our Caribbean cruise in 2017 .

Thank goodness we booked when we did, the cabins with balconies are all sold as far as I can tell
No doubt other cabins still available but departures are now only from Manchester or Birmingham airport. The flights from Gatwick appear to all be sold out where we are flying from. Just goes to show how popular cruising now is and how early one has to book to get the flight and cabin wanted
Another cruise line only flying from manchester are charging £1000 more for the same cruise with same type of accommodation on their own ship

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top