Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Re: Authentic Paella

Oh the halcyon days of being a student. I saved my pennies and would invite a lady around for a paella with chicken,mussels,and prawns and yes safron in the rice. Not often but it had a touch for class rather than asking her if she fancied a burger.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Oh the halcyon days of being a student. I saved my pennies and would invite a lady around for a paella with chicken,mussels,and prawns and yes safron in the rice. Not often but it had a touch for class rather than asking her if she fancied a burger.
I would have been around like a shot . I can remember mum in the late sixties cooking her first paella. Came with the pan which they purchased in Spain. In those days it was quite a rare dish... I always like food that is shared, where you can talk and enjoy the atmosphere. That is why I am a lover of Indian food. Put it all out on the table and share
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Indian food? That was also something I taught myself as a student. One vesta was enough
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Indian food? That was also something I taught myself as a student. One vesta was enough
got a confession to make I loved Vestas. Especially chicken chow mein. Those were the days eh
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

18-04-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
got a confession to make I loved Vestas. Especially chicken chow mein. Those were the days eh
Lol. I remember being a student in Leeds and I am from Bedfordshire so to most I was from `down south`. The first time I walked into a shop run by Asians and asked for certain spices they were amazed. `you want to make curry?`
Goldielocks
Spain

18-04-2016, 03:52 PM

Lol. I remember being a student in Leeds and I am from Bedfordshire so to most I was from `down south`. The first time I walked into a shop run by Asians and asked for certain spices they were amazed. `you want to make curry?`
I have been fortunate enough in later life to travel to India the curries are amazing. Not at all like the traditional Indian Restaurant in the UK much milder and not the colours. Just fresh ingredients. One restaurant we went into as I didn't want curry said I will make you a special dish. It was shark burger as he called it. It had such a delicate flavour with lime, herbs and spices. Delicious.

I bet you did get a few looks mind you. In those early days. Good on you though

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top