Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 09:41 PM

Re: 2017 cruise

I've been finding the tales of cruising very interesting, as I am a past participant. I did the cruise to the Caribbean in 2003, then Mum joined me in several trips round the Med and we both loved them.

We have visited some fantastic places, including Cairo. Seeing the pyramids felt unreal! We have done the Greek islands, we've been to Monaco and Monte Carlo, Rome, Pisa, Barcelona, Corsica, Genoa, Dubrovnik, to name but a few.

Unfortunately, as you all know, she died on our cruise in September 2012.

I would absolutely love to go on another one, and would happily sit about with my tablet, or Kindle, or a good book. I found the cabin beds were comfortable. What I don't like is the gratuities (Ocean Village included them in the price) or the single supplement, which can be a killer.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Compare this with an air plane 30,000 feet up in the sky, engines fail and starts plummeting to the ground. Game over. Nothing but an agonising horrific few minutes of turmoil and knowledge that you are going to hit the ground and watch the chair and passenger in front of you be thrust into your body at high speed and there is nothing, literally nothing you can do to prevent it. No escape capsules, no parachutes, nothing but certain death.
It is true that there are more planes at the bottom of the ocean than there are cruise liners in the sky.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:51 AM

I discovered my cabin number today it is 8273 right at the stern - seems to have a decent size balcony

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 11:30 AM

Bruce, in ref to your previous statements about needing "drugs and cheap booze" I'm slightly puzzled as to why you would select a cabin at the stern of the ship. If you suffer from sea-sickness and the ship's movement, then being at the back (or front) is very much the worst place to be. The front and back are the areas that will travel vertically the most in any swell (picture a see-saw pivoting in the middle). In rough seas the back can rise and fall by many meters. A cabin in the centre of the ship doesn't suffer this as that's the pivot point. Of course you will generally pay more for mid-ships cabins than front/back and if you go for late booking bargains the mid-ships cabins will generally already be booked up. I guess you pays yer money and takes yer chance !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

21-05-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Bruce, in ref to your previous statements about needing "drugs and cheap booze" I'm slightly puzzled as to why you would select a cabin at the stern of the ship. If you suffer from sea-sickness and the ship's movement, then being at the back (or front) is very much the worst place to be. The front and back are the areas that will travel vertically the most in any swell (picture a see-saw pivoting in the middle). In rough seas the back can rise and fall by many meters. A cabin in the centre of the ship doesn't suffer this as that's the pivot point. Of course you will generally pay more for mid-ships cabins than front/back and if you go for late booking bargains the mid-ships cabins will generally already be booked up. I guess you pays yer money and takes yer chance !
I have never been travel sick in my life.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top