Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 10:51 PM

Re: We are off to

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Huh. I bet you drank me wine, as well as ate my rock, you scoundrel.

Glad you had a good time and got back safely.
Your wine was luverly, but no rock.
I did have to drink your wine at customs, as it wasn't allowed back in. Bloody EU rules and regs
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:25 PM

Well bang goes your christmas pressy then.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
No probs Mups. Just been sorting out the travel from the airport to Milan Central. Then from Milan to our Lake Como destination.
One for Gravytrain - hope that you enjoy Butlins
Mups, you would have loved Milan - some lovely ladies there too
Bellagio was hot and steamy. Lots of walking and mainly uphill. I need another holiday to get over it
The scenery, people, culture, food and wine was fantastic.
Damn, missed this.

Bus from airport(Bergamo I presume) to Milan central used to be 7 euros and took an hour(ish)

I guess you know by now
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 01:47 AM

I stayed at Lake Como in about 1962 with my school and enjoyed it immensely, I got off with our table's waitress she didn't speak English and I didn't speak Italian so we got on great.

Visited the dead centre of Milan - lots of skulls. (about the only thing I can remember about it).

Never been back.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Damn, missed this.

Bus from airport(Bergamo I presume) to Milan central used to be 7 euros and took an hour(ish)

I guess you know by now
Do keep up Tpin
We took the bus from Malpensa airport to Milan Central station, which was about £16 for us both.
Couldn't be arsed with trains etc, so we pre-booked a cab from our hotel to Bellagio and the same back to the airport.
We visited the Brera district, which was great and La Scala ( they didn't play any Chas and Dave )
Would recommend Bellagio, but beware. There are some steep steps to climb if you want to get to the old part and good restaurants.
gasman
Kent, UK

06-07-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I stayed at Lake Como in about 1962 with my school and enjoyed it immensely, I got off with our table's waitress she didn't speak English and I didn't speak Italian so we got on great.
Now there's a coincidence, she is doing fine, as are the twins

Visited the dead centre of Milan - lots of skulls. (about the only thing I can remember about it).

Never been back.
Don't remember seeing anything about skulls mate, but Milan was good to visit, even with the temperature in the high 30's and very humid.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 11:00 PM

You went to the REAL Milan Airport.

Bergamo services Milan but it's misleading.

It's like saying Liverpool's John Lennon is in Manchester, it's about 70KM away
gasman
Kent, UK

06-07-2017, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You went to the REAL Milan Airport.

Bergamo services Milan but it's misleading.

It's like saying Liverpool's John Lennon is in Manchester, it's about 70KM away
Malpensa airport is good and on the return journey, you go to terminal two - all Easyjet
The place was heaving, but efficient. A great place for people watching One woman had tats everywhere - arms, neck, back and all down her legs, bloody horrible mate.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2017, 11:20 PM

Malpensa airport is good and on the return journey, you go to terminal two - all Easyjet
The place was heaving, but efficient. A great place for people watching One woman had tats everywhere - arms, neck, back and all down her legs, bloody horrible mate.
That's typical of Easy Jet staff
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2017, 11:21 PM

My first time to Bergamo I remember looking out of the window and thinking....where the hell is Milan.

The approach over the Alps is fantastic, don't you think?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top