Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:19 PM

Heated electric brush.

Do you use one?
..it's a styling brush...
I am fed up of putting heated rollers into my hair.

Saw one in Sainsburys ..it was reduced down..from £30 to £20,

Thought I would ask,before I purchased,I don't want to waste my money.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:43 PM

Re: Heated electric brush.

I had a heated brush years ago and couldn't get on with it , the brush gave me split ends and got tangled in my hair .

I use a hair drier and ceramic brush with bobbles on the bristles to 'liven up' up my hair if I am going out .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I had a heated brush years ago and couldn't get on with it , the brush gave me split ends and got tangled in my hair .

I use a hair drier and ceramic brush with bobbles on the bristles to 'liven up' up my hair if I am going out .
Do you think they might be more advanced now,Meg?

I may look online,to see the reviews..is your hair long?

Mine is short.....I did but some tongs last year,when I went into hospital..heated by inserting gas cartridge ,they were absolute rubbish.very disappointed .have kept them..in case my rollers die on me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 08:49 PM

I keep all heated things away from my hair, it doesn't like heat, goes all brittle and breaks, no hairdryers for me. I use styling mouse on the shorter layers on the top of my head.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-10-2019, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I keep all heated things away from my hair, it doesn't like heat, goes all brittle and breaks, no hairdryers for me. I use styling mouse on the shorter layers on the top of my head.

You have beautiful hair Rox...I forgot about the constant heat,from the styler...have decided not to buy it ,thank you,Meg..Rox,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Do you think they might be more advanced now,Meg?

I may look online,to see the reviews..is your hair long?

Mine is short.....I did but some tongs last year,when I went into hospital..heated by inserting gas cartridge ,they were absolute rubbish.very disappointed .have kept them..in case my rollers die on me.
Pauline I wouldn't think they are more advanced, a heated brush is pretty basic .
My hair is a chin length bob so not long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->

I agree, Roxy.
I wouldn't use tongs or heated rollers either because of damaging my hair.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:39 PM

Same here can’t be dealing with all that anyway .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 11:26 PM

I was finding the weight of my hair was pulling it down and there was no height anymore, so I had some layers put in the top. When it's wet I put in some mouse foam and brush it upwards, as it drys naturally I run my fingers upwards through the top every now and again, by the time it has dried I brush it upwards then add some gentle hold hair spray. It gives me the height and a load of volume with no damage.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-10-2019, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pauline I wouldn't think they are more advanced, a heated brush is pretty basic .
My hair is a chin length bob so not long.

I will just keep using my heated rollers..my hair is shiny,in good condition ,a heated brush may damage it...I have a layered bob....my rollers give it that extra body.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top