Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 06:28 PM

Re: Boris and Covid.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We do seem to be doing everything back to front in England. First off locking down two weeks too late, then leaving the airports and borders open, no masks, etc only to introduce border quarantine, masks two months later?! Lots of mixed messages coming through.
Agreed! Every one of Boris' decisions has been made for economic reasons at best and personal reasons at worst. Compare him to the successful countries in the world - Jacinda Ardern ........... decisions made to protect the people........absolutely concentration on one purpose only! Lockdown the country - priorities, priorities. Worry about the economy later........

Boris' decisions have been made wholly on the what the depleted NHS can cope with...........don't overwhelm the NHS..........build the Nightingale Hospitals.......I'm awaiting a FOI response to find out just how good those hospitals were. He didn't just speak in tongues.........he spoke in waves...........first wave.......second wave (any time now!!!). Decisions to take patients from care homes who test positive.............then second them back into the care homes? On whose "scientific" advice did he base that decision???
I look forward to seeing his head at the end of a stake on Westminster Bridge...........!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:53 PM

Problem is Lindy, if the economy collapses and the country goes bankrupt, it will will kill more people than Covid ever could......I think they call it 'Damage Limitation'.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Agreed! Every one of Boris' decisions has been made for economic reasons at best and personal reasons at worst. Compare him to the successful countries in the world - Jacinda Ardern ........... decisions made to protect the people........absolutely concentration on one purpose only! Lockdown the country - priorities, priorities. Worry about the economy later........

Boris' decisions have been made wholly on the what the depleted NHS can cope with...........don't overwhelm the NHS..........build the Nightingale Hospitals.......I'm awaiting a FOI response to find out just how good those hospitals were. He didn't just speak in tongues.........he spoke in waves...........first wave.......second wave (any time now!!!). Decisions to take patients from care homes who test positive.............then second them back into the care homes? On whose "scientific" advice did he base that decision???
I look forward to seeing his head at the end of a stake on Westminster Bridge...........!!!
Did Boris really make all those decisions Lindy?
What were all those sage experts payed for then?
Can yu tell me??

Donkeyman! 😷😷
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Problem is Lindy, if the economy collapses and the country goes bankrupt, it will will kill more people than Covid ever could......I think they call it 'Damage Limitation'.....
But countries which made the right decisions are now back to work, thereby suffering no longterm economic issues.

Was Boris persuaded to make his decisions? If he was, it was surely to hide the extent to which the NHS has been run down over the years of Tory control and chipping bits of the NHS off and underfunding.

The WHO warned EVERY country to be prepared for a pandemic. So WHY didn't the UK have enough critical care beds to cope? Respirators? PPE...........just look at the PPE fiasco..........not enough? Hard to believe wasn't it that volunteer groups were making PPE out of spare bits of fabric donated by the public! It was pretty late in the day that the government "bought" PPE from Turkey...........then.......can you believe it????..........it ALL had to be returned as substandard! For heavens sake......it seems we have a bunch idiots running the country:https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-uk-standards.

As for the SAGE experts..........I think they were thrown together at the last minute and told to advise............no pre-planning........no crisis planning........no pandemic planning.........WHY? You CANNOT fight a pandemic with decisions taken within the last five minutes.......it takes years of planning and collaboration with other countries!!!

Tragic! Inefficient! Ignorant! Criminal..........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is easy to criticize when you have hindsight, but I wonder if anybody could have handled this situation any better than Boris!
I am not one of his greatest fans, but in exceptional circumstances like this I think he is doing all he can to keep people healthy, prevent our economy going down the drain & I think it is a disgrace that anybody, no matter which party they belong to, is trying to make themselves a better choice for the next PM.
Boris has got us out of Europe, won an election, been at death's door himself and also has a new baby... all in the last year & he us still doing the best he can.
Personally I think this in an occasion where we should all be working together to get through this difficult time.... and that includes members of any other party!

I pretty much agree with that, Twink.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

12-06-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is easy to criticize when you have hindsight, but I wonder if anybody could have handled this situation any better than Boris!
I am not one of his greatest fans, but in exceptional circumstances like this I think he is doing all he can to keep people healthy, prevent our economy going down the drain & I think it is a disgrace that anybody, no matter which party they belong to, is trying to make themselves a better choice for the next PM.
Boris has got us out of Europe, won an election, been at death's door himself and also has a new baby... all in the last year & he us still doing the best he can.
Personally I think this in an occasion where we should all be working together to get through this difficult time.... and that includes members of any other party!
Sadly - and perhaps surprisingly - I agree. Sad because there are all too few good leaders around! As for Corbyn.........I am SO glad he wasn't faced with this!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:56 PM

But countries which made the right decisions are now back to work, thereby suffering no longterm economic issues.

Was Boris persuaded to make his decisions? If he was, it was surely to hide the extent to which the NHS has been run down over the years of Tory control and chipping bits of the NHS off and underfunding.

The WHO warned EVERY country to be prepared for a pandemic. So WHY didn't the UK have enough critical care beds to cope? Respirators? PPE...........just look at the PPE fiasco..........not enough? Hard to believe wasn't it that volunteer groups were making PPE out of spare bits of fabric donated by the public! It was pretty late in the day that the government "bought" PPE from Turkey...........then.......can you believe it????..........it ALL had to be returned as substandard! For heavens sake......it seems we have a bunch idiots running the country:https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-uk-standards.

As for the SAGE experts..........I think they were thrown together at the last minute and told to advise............no pre-planning........no crisis planning........no pandemic planning.........WHY? You CANNOT fight a pandemic with decisions taken within the last five minutes.......it takes years of planning and collaboration with other countries!!!

Tragic! Inefficient! Ignorant! Criminal..........

Oh Lindy, It was a crisis?, In a crisis plans have to be thrown together
at the last minute, thats why its called a crisis! Otherwise it would be
called a contingency in which you have a proper plan to combat
whatever the contingency is?
I agree the tories have starved the NHS of resources etc but this has
been over quiet a long period and cant be laid at anyone persons
door, particularly this present lot?
Plus the NHShas been mismanaged for quite a long time too! but
that is another story!!
OGF is quite correct to say without the economy there will be more
hardships ahead than covid will cause??

Donkeyman! 😷😷😷
Lindyloo
isle of wight

12-06-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Oh Lindy, It was a crisis?, In a crisis plans have to be thrown together
at the last minute, thats why its called a crisis! Otherwise it would be
called a contingency in which you have a proper plan to combat
whatever the contingency is?
I agree the tories have starved the NHS of resources etc but this has
been over quiet a long period and cant be laid at anyone persons
door, particularly this present lot?
Plus the NHShas been mismanaged for quite a long time too! but
that is another story!!
OGF is quite correct to say without the economy there will be more
hardships ahead than covid will cause??

Donkeyman! 😷😷😷
To prepare for a threatened pandemic is to make plans.......yes, contingency plans........that at least minimises the crises! Yes - the NHS has been mismanaged for a very long time by tory governments and a tory PM is unlikely to enjoy being forced to admit that!

Lets hope Boris can pull the economy together (without lining his own pocket too much!) and minimise any further catastrophe!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:13 PM

Sadly - and perhaps surprisingly - I agree. Sad because there are all too few good leaders around! As for Corbyn.........I am SO glad he wasn't faced with this!

You and me both Lindy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
With the whole world in the same boat you'd think they could all talk to each other and come to some arrangement about debts?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top