Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 06:58 PM

The way we treat our Nurses.

Hi

Boris and the rest of the Cabinet were out clapping for the NHS.

What a Con, now look what they have done.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-17/...nts-cut-short/

If we do have a second wave I hope they say sod off.

The Government have enough money to give a huge contract to a Private Company for track and trace, which does not work but are unwilling to pay those on the frontline.

It stinks.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 07:38 PM

Re: The way we treat our Nurses.

Sign of the times I'm afraid Swims.
Just not enough cash to go around.

Disgruntled nurses ... disgruntled furloughed workers ... disgruntled hospitality sector businesses going bust ... disgruntled parents cos schools haven't opened and some are closing instead of staying open to look after key worker kids during the summer holidays so thus ends their free childcare.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:22 PM

Time these tories were put to the sword,but Labour just aren't up to it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:23 PM

Patients like myself are eternally grateful to all medical staff who not only saved my life but others as well
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sign of the times I'm afraid Swims.
Just not enough cash to go around.

Disgruntled nurses ... disgruntled furloughed workers ... disgruntled hospitality sector businesses going bust ... disgruntled parents cos schools haven't opened and some are closing instead of staying open to look after key worker kids during the summer holidays so thus ends their free childcare.

Hi

Both Houses of Parliament still have enough money to subsidise their food and drink to the tune of £4 million a year.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Once again people are criticizing the government's ideas on how to manage the country's finances... when they have no idea!
If we waste money on helping people, who are finding it hard to manage because they will lose a couple of months pay, just think what it will be like if the NHS budget can't meet its targets so have to get rid of many long term nurses. That will delay many operations

Only a fool thinks that governments have a never ending supply of cash, but we need to remember that they don't.... because if we have to borrow too much from elsewhere, everybody's standard of living will plummet.

Swim if you believe you are right, then you should become an MP, which will mean a lot of hard work, then ask your questions in the house of commons!

I have said this before, but I will try again..... the only way we will come through this Covid19 disaster is for the whole country to work together, or we will all find there is not enough money to put food on the table. We worked together after WW2, so why can't we do it again now, instead of trying to lay blame at the government's door?
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

18-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Both Houses of Parliament still have enough money to subsidise their food and drink to the tune of £4 million a year.
swimfeeders I am with you. Angels of Mercy are nurses. They deserve twice what they are paid. There has been an outcry too in my country over a promised wage rise for our nurses that has not eventuated due to the cost of this blasted virus. Wont stop pollies getting their annual wage rise tho. Bloody joke.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is also it seems enough money to pay out for an expensive 'paint job' on an aircraft that would still get the PM to his destination without such an appalling waste of money, IMO. Make that available to nurses together with what swimfeeders comments on, surely they deserve that and very much more!

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-17/...ost-nearly-1m/

See also if you wish, my recent thread on OFF about that very expensive and IMO an extremely wasteful 'paint job':

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=68756
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Once again people are criticizing the government's ideas on how to manage the country's finances... when they have no idea!
If we waste money on helping people, who are finding it hard to manage because they will lose a couple of months pay, just think what it will be like if the NHS budget can't meet its targets so have to get rid of many long term nurses. That will delay many operations

Only a fool thinks that governments have a never ending supply of cash, but we need to remember that they don't.... because if we have to borrow too much from elsewhere, everybody's standard of living will plummet.

Swim if you believe you are right, then you should become an MP, which will mean a lot of hard work, then ask your questions in the house of commons!

I have said this before, but I will try again..... the only way we will come through this Covid19 disaster is for the whole country to work together, or we will all find there is not enough money to put food on the table. We worked together after WW2, so why can't we do it again now, instead of trying to lay blame at the government's door?
Hi Twink I agree and people have to realise that the coffers are not endlessly full, this is the relevant statement in the article for me...

Health Education England Chief Nurse Mark Radford hit back at the claims: "It was always made clear to students who opted into paid placements the arrangements would need to come to an end at an appropriate point so that students could return to their supernumerary status to complete their registered nursing qualifications as quickly as possible to permanently enter the NHS workforce," he said in a statement.
The nurses were given the opportunity to join the C19 workforce as long as required they now need to return to their placements in order to complete their studies.

Yet again the media is attempting to make a big deal out of something ignoring the underlining details to score points.

Thousands of people are dying of cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions because resources have been diverted to fight C19,we need to get back to treating everyone and spread the finite resources more evenly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 09:05 AM

From the article..
'We saved your life Boris,' student nurses recruited to work Covid-19 front line angry as placements cut short
We have become a screeching, grumbling illogical society full of people who feel the need to pounce on every tidbit of perceived injustice failing to see the bigger picture.
The media is doing a big disservice to us all by fostering this trend.

Why don't we borrow even more money and give it to anyone who wants it and keep everyone at home paid by the government indefinitely , after all many of us over 50's wouldn't be the ones suffering the consequences our children and grandchildren will.

Lets rediscover our backbones and start pulling our weight more and grumbling less.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top